trapping fish

barbh

Hi,
Does anyone have any suggestions for catching fish? Aside from removing all of the rock. I want to catch my wrasse, but it keeps hiding when a net gets near the tank
Are there traps?
Thanks

jimm

CPR (Creative Plastics Research) makes a fish trap that works ok.
i have a 500 gal tank andthe only way I can catch fish is to use a netting material to block off half the tank or more and then try an catch the fish in the remaining portion.

vic1

YEah a fish trap works great, I got a nasty damsel out, you have to be patient though it took about an hour. They are pretty smart. You put food in the bottom under a plastic lid it let's the smell come through but they can't get at it, when the fish goes in you let the string go and you got em. Kind of like the old box held up by a stick to catch a rabbit.

fishgirl

Hey, look at one of the post's on perculaman's post called "copper." There, I explain what I think is the very best way to catch fish humanley and quickly. Good luck with it.

M

mitch24

ROFL!!
When I finished my tanks cycle, I wanted to give back the damsels

What an adventure... Those guys are fast.
I just chased them around with a net and finally got all but one... I still haven't gotten him out, and just decided that the tank doesnt look bad with 1 damsel

GOOD LUCK!!!