Trates question in QT tank

richmond98

Ok so when i first dropped into the saltwater world i was against all odds from the get go!
anyways on my way home from getting the tank i stopped at walmart and picked up a 10g tank as a temporary home untill i got the 150 back up and running. so my LFS said that my stock wouldnt survive longer then 2 days in my 10g (foxface,damsel,c.chip and crab) well proved that one at 2.5 weeks
i had the big tank back up and running by then and go things moved over. testing the water during this time my trates obviously increased due to the small size and number of stock.
ANYWAYS! i have done several water changes since but cant seem to get the Trates to come down
there is nothing in the tank now just LS and LR a PH and HOB filter oh and a heater. two weeks ago i did basically a 60% water change checked the levels 24 hrs later and the Trates were the same, 2 days ago i did a 30% water change and checked the trates and there still the same

What can i do to get them to come down, or i should ask..whats keeping them up??