Treating whitespot with garlic

sa2

Hi guys
Can someone please tell me how is the best way of treating whitespot with garlic, I just want to know for future reference as I heard you can actually feed freshly chopped garlic to tangs etc if they are infested.
Is this true ? And does it normally work?

iechy

I assume you are talking about Ich right? If so garlic is more for prevention than treatment. Most people, myself included, just soak the food in it prior to feeding. Once a week I put a bunch of different types of food in a cup of tankwater and a few drops of garlic juice. Then after about 15 minutes or so I feed the tank and luckily have not had any problems since I started.

sa2

Thanx very much for the input. Does it make sence that fish can be fed fresh garlic? Cause here is one of the quotes:
Treating with garlic
Mr. Fenner,
I would first off like to thank you for a wonderful website, and an
excellent book. I just wanted to respond to an article I read on your site
(Clown Trigger) it had to do with a recurring white spot on the eye. I have
a Niger trigger that was going through the same thing. You suggested trying
some fresh garlic in his diet for a few days and that has cleared him up
completely. I would have never guessed it.

iechy

I don't think it would hurt anything but I don't know that all fish would take it. You could try if that is easier and if they take it good if not then try the other way. I don't think there would be any harm to feeding garlic dirctly other than bad breath;)

sa2

He He, yeah i will keep that in mind thanks, and thank you very much for replying...you guys rock!!!!
Well happy fish/reef keeping till laterzz!

Hey is it ok, to feed mine garlic oil? its just the same thing but I bought mine in a supermarkert and they come in

[hr]
an if I open it up the garlic oil comes out, and once they start eating they start crapping like crazy, is this normal?They also love garlic.