Treatment for Ick?

player24

Two of my fish have tiny white spots on them it looks like someone pored salt over them. The LFS told me not to use Rid-Ick for treatment. I have a 30gal tank with.......
1=Domino Damsel
1=Percula Clown
1=Valentine Puffer
1=Scoter Blenny
1=Clown goby
2=Turbo Snails
1=Chocolate Chip star fish
1=Strawberry pseudochromis
1=Hermit crab
2=Live rock
Everything was going great until I noticed that the Domino and the Clown had Ick. The other fish I can't really tell about them. I'm not sure what to do from her or what kind of treatment to use. I'm going to try my best not to lose any fish!!!!!!! Someone please help me. I heard different stories for treatment. It has been about two days now since I noticed the white spots.

larrynews

people have put alot of things on here, but for me and i have a reef and 180lbs of rock so there is no way to catch a fish to qt him so i use this stuff call no-ick you can put it in the main tank with no harm to inverts or corals....hth

jon770

'Kick-Ick' is supposed to work and is reef safe.
It didn't work for me, but you could have better luck...

scorphntr

Here is what I did, flush my fish down the tiolet(because they died) empty the tank and start all over again.
Oh ya, never buy fish from *****! Just spend the extra money at a reputable LFS.

player24

I just want to say thanks for everyones response. You hear so many different answers on this forum, I don't know what to do. None of the fish have died so I don't want to flush them. I guess I will just have to take a chance on some kind of treatment. This is my first saltwater tank and probably will be my last one!:nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope:

larrynews

my lfs carrys no ick but if not you can go to petsolutions (dot com) write it down fast before it gets deleted....good luck