tree losing branches

mightymouse

my kenya tree has been dropping branches one by one for about a week now. The pieces its dropping seem to be reattatching themselves to other rocks. Is something wrong with it or is it fragging itself or what?

dragonzim

It's called budding and it is how they reproduce. I've got a tree that's about 6 inches tall and in the last month or 2 it's dropped 5 smaller trees.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by ric maniac
since we are on the topic of kenya trees how easy on a scale of 1 to 10 are they?
10 being the easiest = 10
Med water flow and med to high intensity light and your set.

pete43

Mike(sharkbait) gave me one small piece,about the size of a thumbtack and within a month I had several stalks the size of a telephone

Thanks Mike
How's the Monti?

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by pete43
Mike(sharkbait) gave me one small piece,about the size of a thumbtack and within a month I had several stalks the size of a telephone

Thanks Mike
How's the Monti?
That kenya tree was out of my office 125 3 or 4 generation.
Aquacultured is way better then wild anyday.
This monti is growing crazy fast. it taking over the rock its on and slowly grows up but taking as much ground as it can. I had to move it in fact. It started to pull and attach on my poker star rock.
My other montis grow up and out, never seen one grow this fast.
Awesome strain you got pete.
How goes the frags you got on the last trade? doing good?

pete43

Everything is doing awesome,especially the blue ribbon,thanks again.That spagetti leather is a beaut!The only thing that did'nt make it was the colt.Never attached,but it's polyps were opened!They just did'nt take,and they ended up in the powerhead

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by pete43
Everything is doing awesome,especially the blue ribbon,thanks again.That spagetti leather is a beaut!The only thing that did'nt make it was the colt.Never attached,but it's polyps were opened!They just did'nt take,and they ended up in the powerhead

I frag a branch off and pin it to a piece of rubble rock and when its ready i'll call you, is your cell number still the same? if so i have your number and will call when it ready