Tri state area frag trade club starting up

namas05

Just wanted to make a statement about the shipping issue.
As many of you already know you can get stuff alot cheaper on line, but by the time you pay shipping it is cheaper to buy local. Unless of course you are spending 150.00 or more and get free shipping then ok.
But my point here is that if we keep this group local. to the tri state are then shipping should be sent ground in all cases.
WHY you might ask.
Because we are close and in most cases will get here over night anyway.
I live in pottstown I buy some stuff from a guy in jersey, he shipps to me via ground cost 7 bucks. And I have the next day.
Just my two cents worth, and in a lot of cases we are probably close enough to drive and pick things up.
IMO that is the reason to do it locally any how right? to save some money and advance are tanks, and to meet good people in the Hobby.
Tell me that I am wrong, I might just be really confused, but makes more sense to me to ship ground and have in one day for $7.00 than it is to pay $45.00 to have it overnight and get the next day.
:notsure: :notsure:
:notsure:

teen

i just registered, how long is it going to take to get my second email so i can log in???? :notsure:

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by namas05
Just wanted to make a statement about the shipping issue.
As many of you already know you can get stuff alot cheaper on line, but by the time you pay shipping it is cheaper to buy local. Unless of course you are spending 150.00 or more and get free shipping then ok.
But my point here is that if we keep this group local. to the tri state are then shipping should be sent ground in all cases.
WHY you might ask.
Because we are close and in most cases will get here over night anyway.
I live in pottstown I buy some stuff from a guy in jersey, he shipps to me via ground cost 7 bucks. And I have the next day.
Just my two cents worth, and in a lot of cases we are probably close enough to drive and pick things up.
IMO that is the reason to do it locally any how right? to save some money and advance are tanks, and to meet good people in the Hobby.
Tell me that I am wrong, I might just be really confused, but makes more sense to me to ship ground and have in one day for $7.00 than it is to pay $45.00 to have it overnight and get the next day.
:notsure: :notsure:
No your right and that is one of the reason why king started this club. shipping should not any more then 20.00 bucks max and thats with a right way to ship frags, not a half A** job of packing them up. A lot of sellers charge way more to make a few bucks on the shipping charges every one knows that, but now we can save our selfs some dollars between us members

teen

i just registered, how long is it going to take to get my second email so i can log in????
anyone? its been like 4 hours

my way

Originally Posted by shiby1510
I'm interested in this.... this thread is getting kind of ridiculous though.. could we possibly setup a site?
There is another forum King put up for this.

king4345

Originally Posted by My Way
There is another forum King put up for this.
Email me I will give you the info Thanks Rob

king4345

Our forum consists of approx. 30 members with well over 1000 posts. Some very good local trades available on there and only there. If you are in the NJ/DC/VA/PA/NY/MD/DE/OH area you might be able to find something good here.