TriGa22's 75 Reef

triga22

My 29 gallon only has a few more weeks left in it and then the 75 will become a reef. Here are some pictures of the lights and the tank with nothing in it.
Tek T5 HO 6 Bulb

Aquarium

jerryatrick

Nice, you must be thrilled. I hope you have saved some money. I know months ago you said that you were done adding to the 29 gallon.

triga22

I have been working and saving up for this tank.They are Tek T5's not novas.Thanks for the comments.

triga22

The skimmer is coming in this week. Euro reef RS80
Bulbs are Actinic 10k 6700k Actinic 10k Actinic
FTS is not availibe the tank isnt even setup yet.
Teks are supposed to be better than novas...
Thanks for commenting

bill109

Originally Posted by TriGa22
http:///forum/post/2884700
The skimmer is coming in this week. Euro reef RS80
Bulbs are Actinic 10k 6700k Actinic 10k Actinic
FTS is not availibe the tank isnt even setup yet.
Teks are supposed to be better than novas...
Thanks for commenting
just heads up,
the ballasts on them are not so great. i have the same fixture but with 8 bulbs over my 90 and when one bulb goes out the one next to it does so to figure our which bulb is bad i have to swap bulbs out for like 20 min lol
i have had to get one new ballast already but they do give you a 1 yr warranty.
anyhow the light works realllyyyy well. i run all 10K's and i can keep anything..

-bill

triga22

I will take your advice on that one. The par on one of the tanks at work is 900 at the top of the rock stack!!900 under these

bill109

does that fixture give u 2 switches? like on/off switches?
with mine i hav 2. one for the inner 4 and one for the outter 2 and back 2.
this way i can do a dusk to dawn effect but after awhilei just did a half and half with white and half with blue insted of one switch for blue and one for white depends on what you like..
with all those bulbs make sure to have a change ready when about a year later rolls down the road cus u will need to change them, if not u will have problems with the old bulbs.

triga22

Sure, here are a few. The stain is with only two coats. I put the third on 2 days ago but I dont have any pictures of that.