trigger and shark

I know triggerfish and sharks don't get a long. But, I have a friend with a 300 gallon tank, all nitrites, ammonia, etc. are perfect. But, would a 1 in. niger triggerfish get a long with a 6 or 7 in. banded catshark?

fritzthecat

Don't listen to me...I know nothing (really) :) But...
I think it would be a fair fight. The Small Fast Fish vs. the Big Slow Fish With Lotsa Teeth. I doubt they'd be friends. I'll put a $20 on the shark if anyone's interested. :D
[ June 29, 2001: Message edited by: FritzTheCat ]
[ June 29, 2001: Message edited by: FritzTheCat ]

lionfish

LionFish says......
If the shark has any form of cartilage, the trigger will start to eat away at the fins. The trigger will eventually be able to kill it. No matter what trigger it is, it will surely enjoy munching on the fins. Cartilage is a good sourse of food for them if they can find it. When you think about it, the shark can't actually even come close to the trigger without it moving away. The shark is just too slow to actually do any harm to the trigger. I always tell people to avoid this combo, 'cause it usually spells disaster.
[ June 29, 2001: Message edited by: lionfish ]

I'll tell him again, not to do it. Anyways, he just got a new tank, and is having a trigger tank, and his big tank is goin to have his shark. Im goin to get him in this site, because he asks me so many questions.