trigger info

bill109

hi i was in my lfs and saw some triggers and also have been looking some info uo here on swf.com and notice some only become 1 inch..
how big of a tank can 1 go in probally with only one because i know they are aggressive
i was thinking a small clown trigger .. 1-2 inched in a 12 gal by its self can someone help me i was wondering if i could put any kind of small trigger in a 12
or some kind of humu humu
im looking for a cool fish for a 12 gal nano lol that is diff from the rest

aw2x3

There is no species of Trigger that's suitable for a 12gal. tank. The smallest species will grow to at least 10". And, most species grow quickly.
Originally Posted by JULIUS
I have a undulated and a humu and a rabbit fish in a 90gal.
Give it a little while. Soon, you'll have just the Undulate in the 90gal.

reefer75

I think you mistuke the 1' for 1". Or you may have looked at the size when they are young. On a 12 gal you are really limited on what you can get.

S

surfinusa

they sell 1 inch juvenile clown triggers they dont stay that small for long they grow very very quickly and need like a 300 gallon tank when full grown

nigerbang

wow that would be great a 1" trigger...I would have a tank full...
that would be sooooo cool....but it wont happen..that size of 1"-2" is prolly what they ship..the smallest I have ever seen mature was about 8" and he was a monster...and very very aggresive...another thing to keep in mind when you go with a bigger tank..not if, but when because you will, it's just a matter of time
that when most triggers get older they get more aggresive...

julius

Originally Posted by AW2x3
There is no species of Trigger that's suitable for a 12gal. tank. The smallest species will grow to at least 10". And, most species grow quickly.
Give it a little while. Soon, you'll have just the Undulate in the 90gal.
I think they will be alright.

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by JULIUS
I think they will be alright.
for now they be fine and one day you will wake up and all your fish will be dead :scared:

jam1e

don't even think about putting any trigger in a 12 gallon .. much less a clown trigger .. that trigger would probably get just as long if not longer than your tank .. and there is no trigger that only grows to one inch .. as it was stated earlier you must've mis read it .. or that was the shipping size in the juvenile stage .. but good luck with your twelve gallon :)