Trigger

moopiespoo

perryfish took the words right out of my mouth. Wow!!! Iswimnotchoke I think that is a Huma huma trigger aka Picasso, looks just like mine.

D

daniel411

I'd be afraid to try taking the hook out its mouth! Thats just huge!

michaeltx

not a huma huma it looks more like a retangle (reticulated)(something like that cant remember the name for sure. or the bursa like above.
here is pic of a huma huma
Mike

joker

Smarls
I have to disagree with you!!
having worked as a commercial grouper digger, and also being an avid saltwater fisherman, I have eaten plenty of trigger. they are not fun to clean, but taste great.
oh yeah, did I also mention I am a certified chef??
who knows, taste buds change every 7 years and maybe on your next change, you might actually like it :D :D
Not trying to flame you, dude. just offering my contradictory opinion;)

smarls

Joker,
Any other opinion is great. Honestly, I would much rather eat dorado than trigger though!
I am actually going down in two weeks in the Sea of Cortez...a little dorado fishing and some diving. Should be great.
If I catch any triggers (which I always do when we are fishing for yellow fin and rock cod) I will try one again in honor of you!
Stewart

joker

damn must be nice:D
i have to work so much, I dont even remember how to fish anymore.
Enjoy the trip and definitely enjoy the Dorado (Mahi Mahi).
Wish I could go!!:mad: ;)

smarls

Joker,
Sorry to hear that, but I'll post some pics for you when I get back.
Stewart
ps. - Micheal - I know this is probably my inexperience showing here, but your pic (of a huma), and the first pic, look pretty much identical to me! apparently my odds of becoming a marine biologist are very limited!

michaeltx

shape yeah but look at the coloration of the 2 the stripes and where the stripes are are completely different along with the colors that make up those stripes.
Mike

fishkiller

my vote is a bursa. Like he said look at the lines. Just look at the colors period all over the fish. Same GENERAL color, but completley different patterns.
Smarls- Bring me back some dolphin!! My grill is just crying for some!!