Triggerfish/dwarf lion

I have always wanted one of these but do not know much about them. What size tank do they need? If I were to keep just one what is the minimum tank size?
Out of all the triggers/dwarf lions what is the hardiest and most docile?
What filtration and aquascaping is necessary?
If I were to get one I would want a tank with live rock.
I would either want one or the other.
Also what fish can be kept with them?
Adam
Forgot. I have a 45 gallon on hand but if needed will get a bigger aquarium.

Wow that is Harsh being ignored like that for so long. It is not like the people here to do this.
They always have answers, advice, and if not, usually someone will say something.
Adam:confused: :(

ryeomans

Well - I'm still a novice, but I'd say 45 Gal is more than adequate for a dwarf lion. They're pretty hardy, and from what I understand they used to be popular for cycling tanks. They're pretty messy eaters, so good filtration is necessary - I have a Biowheel and protein skimmer with 2 powerheads. Live rock is always a bonus too, but I don't have any yet.
They seem to like plenty of places to hide / perch. Despite all the dead rock and caves I've put together, my dwarf still prefers to perch upside down on one of my powerheads for most of the day.
You can keep a wide variety of fish with it, as long as they won't fit in the Lion's mouth, I have a blue damsel and a domino damsel in with mine.

mpgt

Odonus Niger would be a real good choice of trigger fish for you. They're friendly compared to most triggers, and I've kept them with dwarf lions.

killyah

from what i know triggers need big tanks! they love to swim alot, very active swimmers . and for the trigger and the dwarf lion goes. if ur trigger is bigger or when it gets bigger it might nip the dwarf lion fins... but yes some ppl has kept them together with no probs... for me i wouldnt mix them, jmo

mpgt

The black trigger (it's really blue) is usually described as "peaceful and sociable". They can reach 10" in the aquarium. A small one would be fine (and non-aggressive).