triggers or tangs and angel

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by kirkaz
Awesome...Great aquascaping, that Emperor is fantastic....Got any more pics???
Here is another view...I can get a few more when I have some downtime.
As for the angels, they get along very well. I have had my Emperor (Achillies) since he was a 2 inch juvie. It has been very cool watching him change. The blueface was added about 18 months ago with a french angel. I put them all in the 180 together and they did great. They are about 6.5 inches each now and have had no problems.
I used to have a full tank of LPS and leathers, but the angels decided to eat them (it was only a matter of time.)
I used to have a porcupine puffer and a powder blue tang, but they didnt make it through my move to the new house--> RIP

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by azul1994
That is a really great tank.

Thanks Azul! It is my addiction, just ask my wife

peter1215

campbell , I love your tank and the combo of angels? how long did it take the emperor to to get to the current size and adult colors? I have a queen(6.5") and a french ange(4")l and thinking of getting one more. Im debating between an emperor or a blueface. which one do you think might be a bettor fit with the angels i have already?
Peter

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by peter1215
campbell , I love your tank and the combo of angels? how long did it take the emperor to to get to the current size and adult colors? I have a queen(6.5") and a french ange(4")l and thinking of getting one more. Im debating between an emperor or a blueface. which one do you think might be a bettor fit with the angels i have already?
Peter
I love my Emperor. It took him 2 years to change. He was 2.5 inches when I got him. If it were me, I would buy another one and watch him change.
He is definitly the boss of the tank. If you are going to add another, I would say pull them all out prior to putting in the new one and then add them together.

peter1215

I dont see the french angel in the two pictures. is he in juvi or adult colors? I would love to see more pictures.

clim221

Originally Posted by jonny
i have been into this for about 2-3 years so far. i have kept an achilles and an emp until one day my heater went out and the achilles died. loved the achilles absolutley the coolest fish for me. the emp didn't make the transition to the 210 about a year ago. never kept triggers and would love to get one but who knows. love the queens and clowns and black. so who knows. i know the queen and especially clown are hit and miss that you might get one that won't terrorize everything. but anyways i have gone into the petstores knowing about each of the fish there and just can't decide. i just need to buy that first fish and start and then i would be good but i can never decide.
so anyways what about this.
2 options
queen trigger
clown trigger
or
achilles tang
naso tang
emp angel
black trigger
pinktail trigger
and then some other stuff.
what about it.??
i have a
blueline
piccasso
clown
and a queen in mine
they are truly interesting fishes, but its true you have to choose very well, you have to know your fish(not all fish have the same personality) and also the order of which fish to put first or last.
i know its a taboo to put multiple angelfishes in the same tank but i have a
blueface
majestic
queen
and an emperor all in the same tank with the triggers and also some tangs and 3 really smart damsel that ive had since i first cycled the tank.
again my point is, you just have to know your fish not all fish are alike.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by peter1215
I dont see the french angel in the two pictures. is he in juvi or adult colors? I would love to see more pictures.
Yeah Frenchie isn't in the tank anymore. I took her out about 8 months ago (when the tank was full of coral) cause she ate my pink gonoporia

I wish I had kept her because the coral is still here and she was one of my favorite fish. She was my baby.
I will post pictures with her in the tank back then...

peter1215

ccampbell57 said:
I love my Emperor. It took him 2 years to change. He was 2.5 inches when I got him. If it were me, I would buy another one and watch him change.
He is definitly the boss of the tank. If you are going to add another, I would say pull them all out prior to putting in the new one and then add them together.[/QUOTE
for how long should i take out the angels ? can i just buy more rock (which i need anyway) take them out and put all of them back in with the new aquascape on the same day ? Im thinking of agetting a juvi emperor. hopefully they'll ignore him since he will be much smaller than them.

ccampbell57

for how long should i take out the angels ? can i just buy more rock (which i need anyway) take them out and put all of them back in with the new aquascape on the same day ? Im thinking of agetting a juvi emperor. hopefully they'll ignore him since he will be much smaller than them.
You could definitly do that. Taking them all out, re-arranging the rock (adding new 'cured' LR) would definitly do the trick. Make sure that you have enough caves for all the angels to hide in a separate part of the tank. I have built a tin of caves for all the fish to be able to get away when needed.

kjr_trig

I am seeing a few people in this thread that are keeping Big Angels together with success, I am likely to have a 180 later this year, and would love a French and Emporer, Campbell and Peter, sounds like you guys think it could work? SWF is very anti having 2 angels together?
Sorry Johnny not trying to change the tread...I agree with surfisher, Clown and Queen Trigger is kind of a scary thought unless you have 500 gallons, I am not sure there are any fish with a worse reputation, except the Undulate that Kirkaz mentioned....Thats the nasty critter in my avatar that I took care of for a year and a half while my friend got called up from the reserves.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
I am seeing a few people in this thread that are keeping Big Angels together with success, I am likely to have a 180 later this year, and would love a French and Emporer, Campbell and Peter, sounds like you guys think it could work? SWF is very anti having 2 angels together?
Sorry Johnny not trying to change the tread...I agree with surfisher, Clown and Queen Trigger is kind of a scary thought unless you have 500 gallons, I am not sure there are any fish with a worse reputation, except the Undulate that Kirkaz mentioned....Thats the nasty critter in my avatar that I took care of for a year and a half while my friend got called up from the reserves.
kjr_trig - I have seen a french and an emperor in a 180 more than a few times. I had a french in mine for about a year before she started to nip at my gonoporia.
She was definitly the docile one of the group. The blueface and emperor were way more agressive, but she held her own.
The trick at keeping two large angels is placing them in the tank together, or in the case you cannot, taking out the other angel, re-arranging the rocks and placing them back in together. In either case, you may get an angel that just doesnt want to play nice and need to take them out.

G

gtdarock

Hey Campbell ! How wide is your tank -? Also how many caves you have in there for your angels. I am setting up a 175, and would love to have a Queen and Emperor.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by GTDAROCK
Hey Campbell ! How wide is your tank -? Also how many caves you have in there for your angels. I am setting up a 175, and would love to have a Queen and Emperor.
GTDAROCK - i sent you a PM...

raccoon

I have a 150 with 100lb of rock. Its a fish only set up and i love it. I have an Emperor Angel that is almost 100% changed color. I also have 2 triggers, undulated & a rectangle that i have had for over 2 years. I have 2 tangs, Kole tang and just got a clown tany yesterday. I have a powder blue on hold at the fish store now. I also have a blue head wrasse and a lunar wrasse. and just to top it off i have a large Fox face the size of my angel, a domino damsel, peach damsel and a blue tail damsel...
the only fish that is a real bully to everyone else is my emp angel now that he has gotten to be so mature.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by Raccoon
I have a 150 with 100lb of rock. Its a fish only set up and i love it. I have an Emperor Angel that is almost 100% changed color. I also have 2 triggers, undulated & a rectangle that i have had for over 2 years. I have 2 tangs, Kole tang and just got a clown tany yesterday. I have a powder blue on hold at the fish store now. I also have a blue head wrasse and a lunar wrasse. and just to top it off i have a large Fox face the size of my angel, a domino damsel, peach damsel and a blue tail damsel...
the only fish that is a real bully to everyone else is my emp angel now that he has gotten to be so mature.
Well just wait till you bring home that Powder Blue. Those fish are real

[hr]
. I had one that was 5.5" in my tank for about 3 years (got him when he was a juvi) and he chased everyone around. ESPECIALLY, the hippo tang and my other small fish. He caused 2 outbreaks of ick due to harassment and inability to eat.
IMO I would leave that powder at the store and keep the fish that you already have. The triggers will get very large and MEAN. The clown tang and the powder will most likely kill each other while killing the kole in the process. The clown is VERY territorial. They are similar to the Sohal.

angelman

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
Well just wait till you bring home that Powder Blue. Those fish are real

[hr]
. I had one that was 5.5" in my tank for about 3 years (got him when he was a juvi) and he chased everyone around. ESPECIALLY, the hippo tang and my other small fish. He caused 2 outbreaks of ick due to harassment and inability to eat.
IMO I would leave that powder at the store and keep the fish that you already have. The triggers will get very large and MEAN. The clown tang and the powder will most likely kill each other while killing the kole in the process. The clown is VERY territorial. They are similar to the Sohal.
I couldn't agree more with you.
Had one in my tank until recently.
Got him over three years ago as a juvi.
Beautiful fish.
Thought if I got him young, he would be tamed by the other guys in the tank.
Not so.
Became such a problem, pulled him out and sold him.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by Raccoon
You have an Undulate in a Community tank? I agree with Campbell and Angel, don't get the Powder Blue with the Clown, could be trouble....Did I mention....you have an Undulate in a community tank and he hasn't killed everything?!? Got any pictures?