Triggers to aggresive what to put with them

capt.fish

Hi, I have a Niger, Bursa , and a Humu Humu they are really aggresive i had a porcupine puffer that i put with them and they were attacking it so i had to move it to another tank.I have a 105 gallon tank and i would like something else besides all triggers.What would go good with these thanks for your help.

tome

I would get an eel, but you will need a bigger tank, cause it sounds like your tanks full with the three triggers

nigerbang

odd.....Although fish are like ppl...I have a Niger, and a Humu...docile as can be(except a few missing snails) They even bed next to each other in the same rock...If they are that aggresive I would consider taking 1 or more back and trying something else....also, how often are they fed?

capt.fish

Originally Posted by Tome
I would get an eel, but you will need a bigger tank, cause it sounds like your tanks full with the three triggers
The biggest one is 4" the rest are about 3"

ophiura

Is this a standard 105? Which I believe is another 4' tank though tall?
The problem if it is is that there just isn't much room for active fish like that. Many fish do not use vertical room so much as horizontal. I would agree to take at least one back, personally.

rustyj

Originally Posted by ophiura
Is this a standard 105? Which I believe is another 4' tank though tall?
The problem if it is is that there just isn't much room for active fish like that. Many fish do not use vertical room so much as horizontal. I would agree to take at least one back, personally.

I agree, alot of times when fish get agressive it is due to being stressed and the tank size is usually the culprit. The Niger is one of the most peaceful triggers out there so there is something wrong with the environment (water, space, lack of hiding areas).

capt.fish

Originally Posted by RustyJ
I agree, alot of times when fish get agressive it is due to being stressed and the tank size is usually the culprit. The Niger is one of the most peaceful triggers out there so there is something wrong with the environment (water, space, lack of hiding areas).
I think the tank size is just fine they have plenty of hidding places there is 110 Pounds of live rock in there .The Niger was already agressive it was at my local SWFS and someone had brought it back because it was nipping at the other fish.I thought it would be O.K with my fish but i was wrong.I took the Niger and the HumuHumu back to my local SWFS today.The Bursa is in my other tank,Im planning on keeping it in there a couple of weeks and i am going to rearrange my other aquariums LR and then put the Bursa back in and see how it goes.