triggers

bubbagump

i am setting up a 50 gallon and was wondering could i keep a humu humu trigger with a with a dwarf fuzzy lion and a snowflake morray eel? cause all of these fish are my favorite fishes and i cant get a bigger tank so this is my only option. also what would be good for filtration?

bubbagump

if i couldnt keep all of those togetheri i would scratch the eel and add a tomato clown. would that be ok?

fishpoo

A 50g will probably be a little cramped for a full grown huma huma.They get about 9".You also might have problems with the trigger nipping at the lions fins.

benihuma

Humas grow very slowly. If you get one really small it will take him a few years to grow out of that tank. In the mean time you can save up for a larger tank.
Ben

bubbagump

well i dont have space for a larger tank and 50 gallons os the biggest tank that i can fit into my room. so what could i keep with the trigger?

wolfeel

bubba,
The lionfish and eel will get along fine. I would reconsider the triggerfish. The previous posting was right about fin nippng! Also, keep in mind you may have difficulty in feeding everyone properly...the lion and trigger are greedy and you may have difficulty getting food to your eel! Triggerfish also excavate...so make sure your rockwork is secure!
:) wolfie