Trip to FL Keys

h2oengr

Ok, I now feel guilty for having these fish "trapped" in a 54 gallon tank! Key Largo was absolutely awesome. This morning I was snorkeling (can't SCUBA YET - and I mean YET) with a nurse shark, green sea turtle, barracuda, and a ton of killer reef fish like the ones we love! I saw blue tangs, killer looking damsels, blue-head wrasse, and without a doubt the most beautiful emporer queen angelfish I have ever seen. I will post the pix as soon as we get them developed from www.shutterfly.com. We took almost 50 pix with the disposable underwater cams. What a great trip! If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to give info for Amy Slate's Amoray Dive Resort. Great trip!

caulareef4

I love the keys, I go there about 3 times a year and it's always fun. Last time I was looking for an octopus for my 20g, and I saw one with the mantle the size of a golfball but he was too slick for me. I did though end up finding a sargassum Arrow crab which looks awesome.:yes: I, myself, would rather Snorkel than SCUBA and see the shallow marine life. One year I saw a 6ft Eel next to the dock at Hawk's Cay Resort. I would suggest anyone to go to the Leys if they ever want to go on vacation.

h2oengr

We stayed at Amy Slate's Amoray Dive Resort on Largo Key. Highly recommend it. We will be sure to post pix as soon as we can from our snorkeling at "Molasses Reef" off the east coast. Although the wife got a little sick, I had a killer time. I'll be sure to include a pic of the wife looking a little ill . . . :nope: