Trip to the LFS and wow "Black Tips"

elvictre

That is an awesome tank, how many gallons is it? And I don't understand what he means about fiberglassing? But man that would make a awesome reef wouldn't it?
Vic

thangbom

i think what he mean when he fiberglass was that he went to i guess a boat stor and bought fiberglass and resin.. and coated the inside wood with fiberglass to that it would be water proof.. kinda like building a boat backwards.....

brooklyn johnny

To answer your question Harii yes that is the one in the photo... I was looking through old posts... sorry the answer is two months late :D ... They are collected in Mauritius (smal island of the coast of Madagascar in East Africa) and are uncommon there. Take an uncommon fish from an uncommon place halfway around the world and you get one expensive fish. They usually retail for about double that... if you could ever even find them available. A very notable rare fish online dealer has not even been able to get them in years... and when they had them last they were $1800...

jon770

Originally posted by Sharkboy97
man im with everyone else e-mail me if you want to buy a bonnet or a black tip. We have caught 2-5 foot bonnets
1-5 foot black tips so e-mail if you want one

Hey SHARKBOY - email me about the black tips...
Don't worry people - it's not for me. I'm not gonna try to stuff a black tip into a 75 gallon tank...:D

sharkboy97

Hey i tried to e-mail you on the board but it says its not allowed so my e-mail is wakerider957@aol.com
if your serious about getting one i am going out this saturday, but unfortunatly not targeting sharks but if you want one i might be able to stop and try to get one but go ahead and e-mail me

brooklyn johnny

Nope... jewel tangs are Acanthurus guttatus and are a fraction of the price at around $200... I'll post a pic tomorrow of a jewel... unable to post pics right now for some reason at swf...