true perc or occelaris,which to get?

abaralnek

need opinions on which to get true percs or occelareis.the percs are more aggressive right,how much more?i have a purple firefish that i dont want anything happening to.occelaris are more hardy correct?which do you guys think i should get?

rod buehle

Originally Posted by abaralnek
http:///forum/post/3025338
need opinions on which to get true percs or occelareis.the percs are more aggressive right,how much more?i have a purple firefish that i dont want anything happening to.occelaris are more hardy correct?which do you guys think i should get?
temperaments will vary with each individual clown just as with humans. Yes, there are some species that are more aggressive than others, but I have seen some fish that are considered most docile, be much more aggressive than some of the aggressive ones. IME, the 3 most doclie clowns are skunks, percs, and occelaris. They are all close enough, that I wouldnt say that one species is more aggressive.
Hardy.. Same deal. They can all be just as hardy.. Some species handle shipping better than others, but in this day and age when many species are tank raise there is no reason not to buy captive bred, which will all be hardy.

lmecher

Nice fish. I have both and I love them all. My perc is a little more timid than my ocellaris but the ocellaris have eggs. Good luck with your new pair. They're

abaralnek

thanks guys.its kinda funny how when i first added them to the tank they went right into the frogspawn as seen in the pic.they stayed for 10 seconds or so and havent been near it since.