Try it this way....

ghostiroc

Ok so I ordered 100 pounds of baserock not from swf.com on the 14th of July. It hasnt come as of yet and I am not sure how long it is supposed to take to get to Ca to MD (21921) They said they ship UPS ground, because its dry not wet so it does NOT have to overnighted....its not alive... How much longer should I wait before i go and file against this company and get my money back from paypal ::::to the admins I reasked my question, didnt include names , and said it wasnt this company...sorry about the other post... hope this is acceptable... :::: :help: :mad:

hardcrab67

Request a tracking #, I ordered mine out of CA also and it was 10 days before I received it. It was the week after Thanksgiving, so considering that, I got it pretty quick. Most stuff I order from there takes that long. You'll probally get it today or Mon., After that I'd be asking where its at. If you order things on Fri. its been my experince they don't process it till Mon. most time.

tazsbaby99

They didnt give you the tracking number when you ordered it. You maybe able to go online or call ups and ask them to research it with out the tracking number...maybe a little more difficult but worth the shot.
Also double check your email if they sent you a confirmation email it was being sent out see if they put a tracking number on in it.
Good luck to you.

my way

Call them and ask who they used to ship it and tell them you want a tracking number, then you can go to the shippers site and track where your package is. To get from CA. to MD should be anywhere from 5 to 10 working days.

ghostiroc

i cant get the company to answer any emails.... I have emailed them at the address on their site as they do not have a phone number on there. I got one email said that my paypal payment was received. And to email him with any questions. I checked ripoff report he isnt on there, and his ---- rating was 99.6 percent.... thank god it was thru paypal and not just handing over the credit card numbers..... then i would be SCREWED

G

g_d

Originally Posted by ghostiroc
i cant get the company to answer any emails.... I have emailed them at the address on their site as they do not have a phone number on there. I got one email said that my paypal payment was received. And to email him with any questions. I checked ripoff report he isnt on there, and his ---- rating was 99.6 percent.... thank god it was thru paypal and not just handing over the credit card numbers..... then i would be SCREWED

You are actually safer with a credit card. Paypal is a pain to get transactions reversed.
Also, I never order from CA and I am in the center of the country. UPS uses rail from the west coast. Takes way too long.

G

g_d

With a credit card you just dispute it.
Here is paypal's dispute policy.
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...plaint-outside
Even if the buyer’s claim is justified, the buyer will receive a recovery only if there are funds in the seller’s account.
Aside from having a lengthy and cumbersome complaint process, if the seller pulls the money out of his paypal account, you get to go pound sand.

ophiura

to the admins I reasked my question, didnt include names , and said it wasnt this company...sorry about the other post... hope this is acceptable... :::: :help: :mad:

Yes, this one works fine
Thanks!

hardcrab67

I filed with Paypal after somebody sold me a used RO/DI for a new one. Actually they were quite speedy within a week I had a refund after 2 e-mails. A possiblity is the seller is just ignoring you because he know's how long it takes to receive an item on the East Coast. USPS doesn't provide tracking #'s for Parcel Post, if they shipped this way they don't have a tracking # to give you. HTH

n2theblue

If I am guessing correctly on who you ordered the rock from, this is par for the course for them. I ordered 60lbs of base rock and after three weeks with no conformation or communication I started to freak out. I sent daily e-mails and got no response. The rock finally did arrive after almost five weeks, which is pretty disappointing considering that I live forty miles away from the company. I would not give up yet, just would advise against doing business with them in the future.

G

g_d

Originally Posted by n2theblue
If I am guessing correctly on who you ordered the rock from, this is par for the course for them. I ordered 60lbs of base rock and after three weeks with no conformation or communication I started to freak out. I sent daily e-mails and got no response. The rock finally did arrive after almost five weeks, which is pretty disappointing considering that I live forty miles away from the company. I would not give up yet, just would advise against doing business with them in the future.
Dude, you are a pushover. 5 weeks is unacceptable with no response. If I was within 45 minutes of them and I had made a purchase with no response, their viability of running a business would be in question.

ghostiroc

Originally Posted by n2theblue
I would not give up yet, just would advise against doing business with them in the future.
Well I most certainly think not. This baserock is the only thing keeping me from setting up the new 125. If I had this guy in my hands he would get a severe throttling and I am not usually one prone to violence as a first resort. However at this current junction.... I think it par for what hes putting me thru.

dogstar

as they do not have a phone number on there.
You could call information and they might can tell you their phone number........

hot883

file a claim with paypal. they will contact the seller and within a day or two they will get back with you. been there, done that.

ghostiroc

I just got an email from him...supposedly they got damaged in transit and resent via fedex. He sent 2 fedex numbers but so far they are saying invalid numbers unless I am doing something wrong. I checked his paypal account and this seems to be a common excuse, I guess a box full of rocks could get damaged during transit...but both boxes? And if it happens alot wouldnt you think its time to think up a new way to ship these rocks? Just my humble opinion. But what do I know about a box full of rocks... I was thinking of filing a ripoff report on him to kinda warn other people. What do you all think about that? Good idea? Bad idea? :notsure: