Trying to avoid disaster

I have a standerd 55 gallon fish tank and the frame has been cracked since I had the tank, now the crack is almost all the threw and I need to find a new one

I know its against the rules but could someone post a link were I can find one???
I don't want $1,000 of fish stuff to come crashing down on the basement floor!!!

flower

55g tanks don't cost much. I would never order on line for a tank unless it was a custom size. The UPS gorillas are hard on breakable things like tanks. Go to the nearest ***** or LFS to get one.

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/393062/trying-to-avoid-disaster#post_3493939
55g tanks don't cost much. I would never order on line for a tank unless it was a custom size. The UPS gorillas are hard on breakable things like tanks. Go to the nearest ***** or LFS to get one.
+1
The tank is usually one of the cheaper things for a nice SW setup.
A couple of years back I had a leak on a 29g that I found after coming home late from work. I ran to the local ***** and bought a brand new 29g for like $50.00 just a few minutes before it closed. I got home and transferred everything to the new tank that night.
When you have a ton of money in equipment and livestock $100.00 for a new tank is a drop in the bucket.

red tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLEDYNAM1TE http:///t/393062/trying-to-avoid-disaster#post_3494107
Y is lighting so expencive
Lighting will be one of the most expensive items for a reef tank, for a fish only, I'd only have at least a dual T5 set up. You have to understand, that when you have $1,000+ worth of coral the light is one of the most important piece of equipment needed to survive, trying to replicate what the sun puts out is no cheap thing, and the least area to skimp on!

S

smallreef

What are you doing at night to keep your PH constant? do you have some macro algaes in your sump/refugium with a light.... this often helps as you can put it on a reverse light cycle from your tank...