trying to buy 1st tank

old rookie

12 gal Nano Tank CubeMaster Aquarium w/ Moonlights Includes three 8 watt T5 lamp fixtures, UL Approved German “Snap-in” lamp sockets for easy bulb installation and removal. 5 bulbs: One T5 Actinic 03, Two T5 White, Two T5 Tridentis
this a good tank?
IS the lighting going to be good enough for clam looking for a 3 small fish and real nice reef tank.
Need advice before I buy it

b0bby1

idn no bout the clam, u might be able to get it to live if u place it higher in the tank closer to the lights. but wut fish are u planning to add, cus 3 fish seems a bit to much for a 12.

autofreak44

no i dont think the lights will be strong enough, but before your set on the cube master, check out the red sea max i think its called..

old rookie

They are going to be small fish I am looking at doing a coral I do not knothe name but tey are like feather dusters that pop in out of a coral piece. That is way cool hopefully I can have that

old rookie

Originally Posted by autofreak44
no i dont think the lights will be strong enough, but before your set on the cube master, check out the red sea max i think its called..

I will look online for a red sea max. I do not have a lot of money is why I am not doing a bigger aquarium. Any suggestions on lighting that will fit this or do I have to have some system that hangs over it. I want it for my office and that system will not work

demartini

Stay away from cube masters. I had one and the light kept on going out. And the t5 lights that it comes with aren't high output, so you wouldn't be able to keep much with it. I would just spend the extra money on a bio-cube or an aqua pod. The red sea max seems to look good, but it's very expensive.

old rookie

Originally Posted by DeMartini
Stay away from cube masters. I had one and the light kept on going out. And the t5 lights that it comes with aren't high output, so you wouldn't be able to keep much with it. I would just spend the extra money on a bio-cube or an aqua pod. The red sea max seems to look good, but it's very expensive.
Thank you for your advice. I will take your advice. With a 12 gallon and I know you have one will I have to upgrade the lighting system on the 2 tanks you recommended for what am planning in the tank

old rookie

Originally Posted by DeMartini
I am back did some research Aquapod HQI 12 Gallon Aqurium Kit w/70W 14,000 HQI (Current)
or Aquapod HQI 24 Gallon Aquarium Kit w/150W 14,000 HQI (Current)
Besides size what is the differance. With the big one will I need a skimmer or anything extra I would need because of size. I am thinking in costs to really run the tak right. For $50.00 the 24 gallon seems like a better deal and hopefully the lighting will be sufficient