Trying to buy a new truck

nordy

You wouldn't that this would be difficult, but it is turning out to be. Went to Ford's website, got specs and MSRP on the vehicle I want, including options and color. Sent specs out to local dealers (4 close by) also contacted one through Ford's website. Was supposed to receive a quote 2 days ago. Nothing. It seems like salespeople just are not that interested in selling for some reason, even when I state that I am planning on buying in a week or so (actually as soon as I can get my old truck cleaned out!
). All they want to do is to have me come to the store so they can work their vodoo and sell me something I don't want. Been there, done that, don't like it.
All I want to do is to get competetive quotes then choose a dealer and make the purchase. Bought a new car online last year and it worked great-negotiated on the car online and just made one trip into the dealer to do the paperwork and take the car home. The only thing I had to do there was to negotiate on the financing. Half an hour and I was out of there!
This time, I would have thought that sales people were hungrier for business?
Anybody else have similar experiences?

bgbdwlf2500

Originally Posted by Nordy
http:///forum/post/2840715
You wouldn't that this would be difficult, but it is turning out to be. Went to Ford's website, got specs and MSRP on the vehicle I want, including options and color. Sent specs out to local dealers (4 close by) also contacted one through Ford's website. Was supposed to receive a quote 2 days ago. Nothing. It seems like salespeople just are not that interested in selling for some reason, even when I state that I am planning on buying in a week or so (actually as soon as I can get my old truck cleaned out!
). All they want to do is to have me come to the store so they can work their vodoo and sell me something I don't want. Been there, done that, don't like it.
All I want to do is to get competetive quotes then choose a dealer and make the purchase. Bought a new car online last year and it worked great-negotiated on the car online and just made one trip into the dealer to do the paperwork and take the car home. The only thing I had to do there was to negotiate on the financing. Half an hour and I was out of there!
This time, I would have thought that sales people were hungrier for business?
Anybody else have similar experiences?

find one that has internet sales people, thats how i bought my last one, i MADE them find me what i wanted and actually got THANKED for telling them what i wanted and made clear that i wasnt buying something i didnt want. worked for me i ended up with this (check pics)

nordy

Nice truck!
That's what I did when I bought my 2004 F 150-no muss, no fuss, the easiest commission the internet sales guy ever made! All the dealers now have "Internet Sales Managers", it's just that the ones I have talked to just don't get it. One of them told me, oh yeah, we have plenty that in stock. Except that no dealer in a three state area has what I want (2009 F 150). It's available for sale, but in short supply as production ramps up. I don't mind ordering my truck and waiting for it to arrive, but they all want to make a sale on something they have in stock! Oh well, maybe somebody will respond someday?

scotts

I just bought a new car last week. Go to Autobytel and edmunds websites. There you can spec what you want and they send it to dealers in your area. I also got the paper and started looking at the dealers websites and yeah there is somwhere on each site about contacting them. I got phone calls and emails within MINUTES of hitting the send button. Some places took an ahour or two to get back to me. Not sure where you are at, but I am near LA so maybe that helped with the repsonse time, good ole competition. We also see what cars they had on the lot.
The one dealer that had the car we wanted also gave us the best price. We ended up driving 75 miles to get it. Another dealer said that there was only 1 car in So Cal that was in the color we wanted with the option we wanted.
Good luck to you, we did not have any problems you should not either.