tuesday night 5 pack just wanted to show the 180 some more

murph145

thanks~!
im thinkin ur cn the sicor tail goby way in the back....
my fish list is
2 false perc clowns
hippo tang
5 lyretail anthias 1 male 4 females
yellow fuzzy dwarf
mandarin dragonet
and the sicor tail

murph145

thanks lion i know u guys prolly get bored of seein the pics lol but ive got nothin else to do most nights after work lol

lion_crazz

Nope, I always like seeing them. I hope next time you include more of your lion. I always love seeing that little gem of yours.

oceanbreez

Originally Posted by murph145
here yah go
very nice
I have a 125 tank with all African Cichlids but they are breeding and
the babies would be hard to get out. I'd love to make it a reef aquarium
and sell the cichlids. I'm not sure what to do as I've had them for years.
It's a gorgeous setup but wow what a reef or saltwater tank would it make.
My saltwater is 75 gallons. I'm trying to get good pictures but it's
weird my blue tang turns aqua instead of royal blue in the tank.
Any good tips on lighting? I'm a documentary photographer but this
is kind of hard to get really nice shots. I'll keep working on it.
I love looking at all the pictures you are all posting. Thanks for sharing.

corbin1234

wow i abslolutly love your tank, im trying to go in the same direction as your tank but im not as smart as you
i want to set up a "copy-cat" system with almost your exact system, can i see pictures of filtration that will explain somewhat how this beauty works?

murph145

hey oceanbreeze
taking pics of fish tanks can be tircky especially saltwater cuz u have a lot of blue from the lights when u do actinics or Metal Halide in my case i run 2-250WDE 20K Helios bulbs along with another 260W of mixed PC
you have to mess with your white balance i mess with it on the computer in my photo shop i dont adjust colors just the white balance to get rid of the blue effect that turns the hippo tang purple lol
b18c5hatch
thanks for the compliment after adding stuff in from my 100 ive decided to keep it more open looking im guna add about 5 more pieces of sps and let them grow out into nice colonies and that should make the tank look a lot more full also
corbin1234
yeah figuring out how this whole thing works is the most complicated part of the tank lol looking at it and maintaining it is the easy part lol
as far as equipment goes:
tank 180G Lee Mar flat polished tank 6'x2'x2'
36" sump
ASM-G4 protein skimmer
Coralife turbo twist 18W UV
pan world 100x-x return pump ( the 50x-x woulda probably been better this one flows too much so i had to throttle it down)
MRC-CR2 Calcium Reactor
10lb CO2 tank
JBL dual guages with solenoid and bubble counter
PinPoint Ph monitor
Aquavia c-50 Polar Bear Chiller
JBJ Auto Top Off System to replenish lost water due to evaporation
Fluval 404 to run caron
Closed Loop is comprised of:
Sequence Reeflo Dart pump 3600gph
Oceans Motion 4 way version 3 to create a random flow in the tank
Lighting:
2-250W DE Helios HQI bulbs
2-PFO mini pendants
Dual 250W HQI PFO Ballast
260W of mixed PC daylight spectrum and actinic
2-1W moonlights
1-36W PC on sump compartment containing LR and macro algae
Water Parameters:
Ph 8.2
Am 0
Na 0
Ni 0
Ca 420
Alk 8dkh
Temp 80-81
SG 34
Salinity 1.025
Mg 1450
P04 undetectable
flow about 20x's
150lbs fiji LR
120lbs fiji pink LS
all together for the set up probably cost me about $6500 which is me building my own stand and canopy all the plumming PVC gets expensive all the LR and the LS and water.... does not include any livestock
ill take some pics in a few for u of under the stand

murph145

opps sorry here u go
some pics of the equipment as promised
its hard to see some things but my Closed Loop pump is hiding way in the back behind everything to make it easier on plumming its my Dart pump
heres a few new pics too

murph145

a few more of the equipment its a lot under there and a lot to explain if u got questions i can adress them one at a time on various things if u want and how they are setup and work
first pic is of my chiller which is fed from my fluval 404 in the back of the stand and also i use to run carbon 24/7
behind the chiller are my resevouirs of fresh RO water to feed my auto top off system for evaporation

ledzep fan

OMG that is the nicest reef tank i have ever seen
one question though. How do you keep the sand so nice? Do you have any sand sifters? If you do please tell me wat they are.
LedZep fan

murph145

thanks i have a few cerith snails thats basically it there are a few spots gettin some diatoms right now since the sand is new i figured id get some in the beginning but hopefully it will clear right back up again