tuesday night 5 pack just wanted to show the 180 some more

elvictre

Murph sweet tank.
Is that a Dolphin pump running your skimmer? Just curious. I use one on my skimmer and IME I have the best results with the venturi on them compared to other pumps I tried.
Vic

lion_crazz

Wow, looking past the fact that your tank is beautiful beyond words, your plumbing is amazingly neat also. I love my 210 and all, but man, I wish I had done the plumbing like you have done yours. Tremendous.

murph145

to me it still looks messy i got some open room in there and hid alot in the back so it hides it well my dual ballast is in the back behind the stand and my fluval 404 is behind the sump
i did all the plumming for the CL above the tank so u didnt see it down below

corbin1234

alright got some questions for you- i cant see how your return system works from the pics, does it tye into the closed loop somehow? could you explain?
also what are the deminsions on your sump
36''x?''x?''

murph145

hey corbin ok the sump is 36"x16"tallx14"wide
heres a few more pics first is of the drain outta the sump to the return pump
then it goes up to the hard piping where it 1" and it splits to 2 seperate 1/2" pipes and sent back up through the overflow box center and then to the exits at the top of the overflow box
my closed loop is totally seperate
i have 2 - 1" bulkheads that T up into a 2" T they then go straight down to my Sequence Dart pump... from there they are sent straight back up to the Oceans Motion 4 way where i then have it plummed to come back through different holes in the tank
i put the Dart pump all the way in the back where i would need no elbows to send the flow back to the top of the tank.... the Dart pump is a flow pump and excessive elbows will cause it to lose power so i did it with the least elbows possible
if i were to move the sump u would see the pump and all the lower plumming such as the unions and ball valves

L

lbaskball

Wow, nice tank, looks like everything looks happy in there. The only question from me is, how much electricity is being used up by this whole thing? I'm guessing it is using up enough electricity to power a small 2bedroom house for a low income family. lol

murph145

lol yup i added up and figure out my tank uses about $3.50 a day in electricity alone ...
its so high cuz of livin here in cali im sure u know how it feels
so my tanks runnin me about $100 a month

goodwin9

Originally Posted by swaddicts
dang! now i KNOW i'm a newbie.. you a plumber or an aquariast?

Looks like he could add electrician to the resume too!

L

lbaskball

Originally Posted by murph145
lol yup i added up and figure out my tank uses about $3.50 a day in electricity alone ...
its so high cuz of livin here in cali im sure u know how it feels
so my tanks runnin me about $100 a month
$3.50 a day? Amazing....but definetly worth it concidering how great your tank looks., plus your probably wealthy anyway lol..
I myself have a small nano 24gal with metal halides.. Check out my thread if you get a chance and look at my pictures from my tank. I got some new hammer, cup, and a brain coral that I will be taking pictures of and updating soon!
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=196499

murph145

NateP206
thats actually my colt coral.... started really small in my old tank and has done very well its grown about 10X's its original size and spread across rocks .... i actually gave away 1/3rd of it about 2 weeks ago to another local guy out heren thats on SWF.com trying to make some room to get more sps going soon other then that its easy to care for just likes light and water lol
lol im in construction but i do flooring and i wish i was rich lol this tank and set up set me back a few but its a fun hobby and cool to see everythign come together
yeah u know ive never done plumming or anything like that before but did research and talked to other people on how things worked and i checked out other tanks and figured out the way i wanted things to be and i did it that way
i wanted a more custom setup so i spent time makin my stand and canopy and i got a super nice tank to go along with it and some good equipment its alot to learn and figure out but its coming along so far all my corals are doing great my sps are growing fast and my fish seem to like the big tank!
yeah $3.50 a day is crazy isnt it? thats the main reason i didnt get a 3rd metal halide light cuz its just so darn expensive out here half my bill is my tank pretty much and its winter time i dont wanna know how its guna be in the summer with the AC on