Tulip Snail for Coral; Thermos trade

ddress007

Trading Tulip snail for coral offers. The snail is about 2 inches and is very hardy. This snail will eat other snails(best suited for a species tank). Thermos trade from KY. The only differnce between this pic and now is some coralline algae on the shell.

ninjamini

Originally Posted by promisetbg
I thought they were dangerous even for people to handle.They will also outgrow most tanks.
dangerous? As in poisons to touch?

javatech

this is the info i found, i have not seen any thing about them being poisons to touch
Banded Tulip
Fasciolaria hunteria Common in shallow grassy bays. Harder to find along the beach as it likes the grass flats that are in the bay. Up to 3"
a small predatory snail that feeds on clams. The highly polished shell has a marbelized pattern of grey, brown, and white with distinct purple-brown spiral bands. Females will lay eggs in an aquarium in vase shaped horny capsules. Male is said to eject water, setting up vibrations, to attract a mate. Size: 5-7 cm.

ddress007

I have had this snail for almost a year. The only thing it has attacked was my snails. It left my hermits, fish, coral, and sea star alone. I have handled the snail personally and never had a problem. Still-up for trade.

celacanthr

Originally Posted by promisetbg
I thought they were dangerous even for people to handle.They will also outgrow most tanks.
Are you thinking of conus snails?

crox

If you want you can send it to me but I don't have anything to trade. I'll put it in my 5.5 fugium. :jumping: :jumping: