Turbo Protein skimmers

griffin

i have never bought a protein skimmer and was thinking of getting this turbo one on ----. The seller says, "TURBO Protein Skimmer Designed for up to a 150 Gallon Tank BRAND NEW IN FACTORY SEALED BOX!! We have bulk stock of this item, please inquire for bulk pricing. So you want a protein skimmer for your marine reef tank. You have most likely looked around and found out the same things I did. You need to take out a second

[hr]
to afford a functional skimmer. I am an aquarist and I know EXACTLY what you mean. Yes, I purchased one of those "affordable" skimmers (actually six of them), and after six months of total frustration I gave up. That is when my search led me to find the Turbo-Skimmer! It works, it really works, I get tons of that dry foam that they talk about on the chat boards. Something I never saw with those other skimmers. It took me 10 minutes to set up and adjust. It has been in constant operation ever since. This thing works FANTASTIC. I do have one of those over priced monster skimmers to impress my friends, however, this skimmer makes the fish and corals happy and that IS what it is all about." it sounds like he is just another salesperson. Does anyone have any personal experience on this skimmer so I know this isn't just a waste of money.

jr1053

The picture looks just like the Jebo Quad in sump protein skimmer that I received thru the World's Greatest Auction site couple of days ago.Paid about 40 dollars for the skimmer and pump plus shipping. Seems to be very difficult to adjust with the two control valves on the intake and output stems. Makes a bundle of fine bubbles but the collector cup rapidly fills with water and then begins to overflow back into the sump tank. Don't know if I'd purchase this model again unless someone with more experience than I can help with suggestions on limiting the bubble overproduction issue. I already have the included Jebo pump listed at 2000L turned down to its' lowest setting.

thangbom

you're right.. that thing dos look like the jebo skimmer.. and yes i had a jebo before... imo.. for $40... that thing is great..for a tank thats around 55 gallons.. and under.. it's perdy simple to use imo.. all u do is hook the powerhead to the inlet of the skimmer.. and u adjust it via the valve on the outlet of the skimmer.. and the overflowing problem u may have... i will go away in a week or two...... either that or your valve it too closed..