Turbo Snails

tlk

I have 5 turbo snails that like the rocks better than the glass. My fear is that they will get stuck and I wont find out about it until it dies (which I don't want to happen anyway). Is this common behavior for Turbos? Is it ok to "chase" after them and move them back to the glass when they do move or should I just leave them alone?
Thanks

cb

I only have one turbo snail but it stays on the rock all the time have only seen it on the glass once . Have had it about four months now and never had a problem.

bang guy

It's not going to get stuck on the rocks. The only time they get stuck is when they fall on the sand and there's no "tide" to roll them over.

tlk

Here is the bigger concern. The snail in this picture appears to be stuck (IMO). The opening is only slightly larger than the shell and I can't see how he can turn around. Should I worry about this or will it figure it out on its own? I have three others that are in similar tight spots.

tlk

ok...I will report back in a day or two. I am just worried because it seems to be in a really tiny hole. The picture doesn't do it justice. I really don't think it is possible for it to turn around, but maybe it will be able to back out when its ready.

tlk

Guess I'll keep quiet now. I have been watching him for awhile and he managed to back himself out of that hole. I guess they do know what they are doing! :)

My 5 turbos stay on the rocl also but they do get on the glass, my mexicain turbo stays on the glass more but it also loves rocks. They probably stay wherever they think there is more food, They will cruise around in time and find it

tlk

Just thought I would update everyone on these guys. I am not sure it they all come this size, but these guys have shells that are at least 1in in diameter. They seem to stay mainly on the rocks and are doing a bang-up job on what little green algae I have. I was planning on adding more to my clean up crew (and maybe I will some day), but these guys really seem to be flourishing.