Turboflotor 1000 question

jsteiert

I just got a turboflotor 1000 and plan on putting it in my sump once I have built it. Does anyone know how much water it needs to sit in to work perfectly?
I cant wait to see this unit work, it looks awesome...
Any tips,suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

tome

The pump will need to be fully submersed in water for it work properly. As long as it doesn't run dry it should be fine. If this is brand new it may take a few days for it to start fully working.

jsteiert

Thanks, that is what I was thinking but was not 100% sure. As far as hooking it up.... can I just connect the pump and turn it on?
This is my first experiance with a in sump skimmer and its completely different than a HOB skimmer I am used to.
Any information on how to correctly install it would be appreciated.

thangbom

the skimmer's outlet needs to be above water lvl ( the 2 nubs with the 2 adjusting things on top )
and it also need to be fed water into it to work correctly.. without a feed it wont be able to hold enough water in it to skimm correctly... you can use either a 't' off you overflow . ( think of a 'h' is the pipe. the bettom left line is the one you want to feed the skimmer with.. ohh and you need a valve of some sort in between the two skimmer and the leg ( which would be agin the bettom left of the 'h' ) to controle water intake .. or you can get a small pump like 200gph sucking water fron the sump into the skimmer and then dumping back out.
gl
YzGyz