Turboflotor setup help

craig_08

I got a Turboflotor 1000 multi for Christmas to setup on the side of my sump. I set everything up like I thought is should be and plugged it in. The problem is that it seems to be pumping too much. It is filling up the collection cup with just water pretty quickly. I don't know how to adjust it or whether I am doing something wrong. Does anyone who has this setup have any insight? I did have to cut the plastic tubing to make it the right length. Please help....

harlequinnut

I got the same one for xmas also and I'd set it up couple of nights ago. The instructions were pretty vague but I got it to work and it does a pretty good job. Try turning the two knobs on the top of the outlet tubes to the wide open position. HTH.

harlequinnut

btw - how much did yours cost you if u don't mine me asking? I got mine off the internet for 197.25 including shipping.

craig_08

Harlequinnut, I tried tweaking the knobs and even took them completely off and it still fills the collection cup up. Squishyfish, where does the second pump go? It is not included with the skimmer. I have the needle wheel pump pumping into the input (grey elbow tube). I may call the manufacturer as well to see if they can walk me through it unless you have any insight. I would run it longer to let it start working better but it only takes five minutes to fill up the cup with wet foam/water.

craig_08

I have been letting it run and dumping the waste and it seems to be getting a little bit yellower but that is about it. Could it be that I have an overabundance of organic waste from not running a skimmer for so long?

harlequinnut

Squishy, I think you may have an older or different model. The one pump that comes with the skimmer goes in the sump and pumps the water into the skimmer and generating the bubbles at the same time. It has a needle wheel propeller that does this and it's working fine for me.:yes: