Turbos eating Zoos?

raptor72

My back wall is covered with several zoo colonies for about 9 months now. I replaced a couple of turbos recently and today I noticed that a couple of colonies are missing some zoos. I have not had any problems with missing zoos before this. Is it possible that my new turbos ate some of my zoos?

S

saxman

I wouldn't think it's the turbos...it's more likely a Heliacus (sundial snail), an Aeolid nudie, or one of your fish.

michaeltx

I agree turbos can bull doze things over and push them out of there way but I have never seen or heard of them ever eating zoas now that does not mean like sax man said that you did not get a different type of snail mark as a turbo and is indeed something completely different.
Mike

raptor72

Well, maybe I should clarify things. A couple of colonies with about 15 polyps each are missing about 5 or more. I haven't seen any type of nudi or anything else like that. I've seen amphipods on them but I havent noticed any damage, especially to that extent. I haven't seen anymore missing since that day.

michaeltx

Have you looked into your tank at night with a red lens. There might be a pred. in your tank that is nocturnal.?
Mike

lynnly

I've noticed lately that my new zoo colony that I purchased about a month ago is dissapearing.I had snails in the past that ate other zoo's, I would find them burrowed right in the middle....I thought I got rid of them little suckers. Would an Angel eat these?

groupergenius

I doubt the turbos had anything to do with it. Remember, these zoas come from different depths and water conditions. Hard to make them all happy. I would look more to Asterina Stars than snails. JMHO

groupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnly http:///t/388607/turbos-eating-zoos#post_3461755
I've noticed lately that my new zoo colony that I purchased about a month ago is dissapearing.I had snails in the past that ate other zoo's, I would find them burrowed right in the middle....I thought I got rid of them little suckers. Would an Angel eat these?
What kind of angel? The genicanthus family is the truly zoa safe clan.