turf scrubbers

d-man

I just finished measuring and taping out my plastic while my nieces nap (can't cut because it makes too much noise). I hope the saw blade cuts the plastic well, I know I can do it with this special cutting wheel, but I have to go really slow. I'm still waiting on the glue from Tap Plastic. I ended up ordering on-line instead of driving to the store because when I talked to them they said it was cheaper on-line because it came straight from the warehouse. Oh they woke up, lets see how this works.

gill again68

Parts. All plastic except of course the bulb end and the power cord. Those will be behind gaskets and inside the PVC. Not the PVC with flow of course.

al&burke

Nice tortoise in the back ground, when I first looked at the picture all I saw was the holes, and I thought to myself what kind of a hole saw is that. Anyways you are starting to make your ATS good luck. What other kind of animals are you into?

gill again68

The black tank, yes. I know that the pods not getting back to the tank is a small issue but the pump will get some of them there. Not a big deal as I have a fuge.

al&burke

Hey, I am following right along - I am one weekend behind you two, I am going to try it on my goldfish first.

J

jstdv8

I think you will have plenty of pods make it to the tank, it might take a few weeks for them to grow in and a few more to see a bunch in your DT but they will be so numerous you will be amazed.
keeping in mind that pods are the really really tiny ones that look like little specs on the glass, your front glass on your Dt will look like it has dust on it after a while :)

d-man

The holes are in the table I'm using not in the plastic. It worked really well. I got to go play play-dough with my 4yr old niece or she will get really upset with me or I would post some pics, but I'll get them up latter.

flower

Boy does that look complicated...
Can't you just use a spray bar and glue the mesh to it? Does it really need a saw taken to a PVC pipe?

btwk12

i got mine all up and running. the only thing is i cant get my water to trickle evenly. at first the slot was def too tight, so i made it wider. now it comes out better on the far side away from the flow. is this because my flow is to much? im trying to get pics uploaded but got new camera, and now everything is difficult and i cant figure it out. so when my wife gets here i'll have her do it for me. good thing my knowledge for reef tanks is better than my knowledge for computer's!!! lol

btwk12

like i said earlier this is just temporary. all i need for my sump build is my return pump and over flow box. i have to make sure my kids have a good christmas before i can do anything else to the tank. but i set this up because i have a few acro's that don't look so well. and then when i get my sump set up i will just transfer my screen to the sump. my screen is about 12x16 so 192 sq. inches

btwk12

it's ran by a maxi jet 1200 with about 20'' head loss. no splashing been up for about 5 hours been watching very close and will sleep in liv room tonight if something fails. i will be putting valve in line tommorow to try and fine tune a bit

d-man

ya, mine is turning out to be quite the project lol but it's good practice. I'm going to be building a pretty big sum/fuge soon and have not worked with plexi before so I think the harder I make this the better I'll be at doing the bigger stuff. Bt you run that light 16hrs open to the room? AI&Burke, you should add pics when you make yours and that's my brother's sulcata tortoise(spike) . I had one, but had to get rid of it when I moved in here because they don't get along. We only have a cat other than our fish and spike. I would love to get and house train a rabbit, but that's not going to happen in this house.
ok pics for my first project with the dremel cutting attachment I'm quite pleased ( it really could not have worked much better) I don't think it would work on much thicker plexi (maybe 1/8in) now I'm waiting on the glue to start the assembly This is my spray bar (the screen will attach to the box) I drilled the holes a little way apart and small because I can always come back and put more in or make them bigger but I can't make them smaller. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to make the ones on the end bigger to get the same flow. I have 2 of these 23w bulbs now, but there are some 3k 27w and 65k 26w bulbs at osh for 8.99 each. I'm having a hard time feeling like the 6w or 8w more is really worth 18$ but I'll keep it in mind in case I feel like I need it latter. I did see some really nice single loop style cf bulbs that where the 4 pin style (30w and 35w) that would fit in a smaller width but are longer, so I'll keep my eyes out for a 4 pin style light I can use.