Turn around time on SWF.com orders

maelv

Question, for those of you who have ordered from this site (livestock).
How quickly did they ship after you have placed your order?
Thanks

rcoultas

They usually will ship out next day - unless you place your order Thurs-Sun - then you would be looking at a Monday shipping (so that they don't sit in fed ex warehouse for the weekend) You also have the option of paying extra for Sat delivery.

ccampbell57

everything I have gotten has been shipped on time as per their order windows. It is stated somewhere on the site.
Also, everything I have reveived from SWF has been great! No issues with me.

dinogeorge

I have placed four orders since finding them. The first two were flawless. The third was just as fast, but the quality of livestock was shocking. 4 of the 5 fish I ordered died with a couple of days. I followed their directions and sent them back for credit. I included a note about how dissapointed I was at the less than expected quality of the fish. Guess I should'nt have complained because I placed another order to use up my credit and waited 4 business days before they e-mailed me to tell me that one of the fish I wanted was no longer in stock. It took four "business" days for them to figure this out?
So I responded within an hour to tell them what to replace the out of stock fish with. Two more business days passes without any status change to my order, or a reply to my e-mail. After waiting an entire week, I demanded they cancel my order and credit my card. That was four days ago I am still waiting for my credit!!!
I realize that they are big company, but this poor customer service has insured that I will use up my credit with them, and then not order livestock again.

srfisher17

I've been very happy with them. This really has to be a tough biz to manage. You list fish as in stock; then time to ship and it doesn't look right. Do you ship anyway, or look like you can't manage your inventory? Add the fact that they want fish in and out asap; but don't want to risk unhealthy shipments either. Funny, how every online company, no matter what business, can charge your card seconds after you hit "order". But, then it takes days for the credit to show up; I think some of this may be in the credit card/ bank pipeline.

maelv

Well mine shipped out early afternoon...nothing much a clean up crew, but either way, it has shipped and will be here tomorrow....first live order from them. I had ordered my skimmer, refractometer, and other dry items for my 135 last year and was happy, pretty quick shipping. I was just wondering about livestock shipping....
Thanks all.

dinogeorge

Well at least I know they read this stuff! After posting my complaint, they responded pronto and credited my credit card. Although I am really pleased to see them respond so quickly to my post, I’m still a bit upset that they didn’t respond to either of the previous messages I sent them directly.
But the bottom line is that they fixed the problem made it clear that they appreciate my business, which is all any customer could ask for.
Thanks!

mikegray

i hate the min money order for livestock.. im trying to go slow... but my fish dont add to the price which is gonna force me to add like 2 fish at once to equal 80 dollars.. i wanna order a flame angel but im gonna have to order the blue hippo at the same time..
now not picking out my fish is kinda suckie cause im picky i make sure there isnt a battle wound or a scratch or a flaw in color or tails when im at the store.. do they send u fish like that? lol

1journeyman

Originally Posted by MikeGray
i hate the min money order for livestock.. im trying to go slow... but my fish dont add to the price which is gonna force me to add like 2 fish at once to equal 80 dollars.. i wanna order a flame angel but im gonna have to order the blue hippo at the same time..
now not picking out my fish is kinda suckie cause im picky i make sure there isnt a battle wound or a scratch or a flaw in color or tails when im at the store.. do they send u fish like that? lol
I think if you take a look at the vast numbers of satisfied customers around here you can assume they don't send damaged goods

1journeyman

what about the putting more than a fish at a time? lol.. im trying to go slowwwww am i being too careful?
What size tank?
And if you aren't using a QT tank then you aren't being too careful

maelv

Originally Posted by Dinogeorge
Well at least I know they read this stuff! After posting my complaint, they responded pronto and credited my credit card. Although I am really pleased to see them respond so quickly to my post, I’m still a bit upset that they didn’t respond to either of the previous messages I sent them directly.
But the bottom line is that they fixed the problem made it clear that they appreciate my business, which is all any customer could ask for.
Thanks!
Agreed, I had some DOA, and they responded really quick. It happens, so I am not upset...I simply sent them back and will have store credit
. Even though I did have a couple of dead items, I will order from these guys again.

mikegray

i ordered a cleanup crew on like thursday with 3 cleaner clams.. then i read that they will die in aquariums so i told them to take them off im not interested in it. and looking at the order on the site its still on there and says shipped today......

srfisher17

i ordered a cleanup crew on like thursday with 3 cleaner clams.. then i read that they will die in aquariums so i told them to take them off im not interested in it. and looking at the order on the site its still on there and says shipped today......
I've done quite a bit of biz with swf.c and think they are terrific. I've learned that their e-mail response time can be slow. But, if you read the ordering info, it says that once an order is processing, it can't be changed. I hope you get what you want; but you really need to do research before ordering; or before buying any livestock, anywhere.

slomo

I have ordered several times from them. I also don't like the 79$ minimum. Everything i have recieved from them has been better than imagined. When some poor choices died, i threw them out before reading the 15day guarantee they credited my account anyway

1journeyman

Not sure who told ya that... The burrow in your sand. Mine have lived for over a year. I even added several from the grocery store.

I really wish they could start delivering to Canada. There arn't any reliable sites to get fish that will ship here so I'm at the mercy of "the list" that the LFS get. I have yet to reach a fully stocked tank after 8 months cause I'm waiting for the LFS to get certain fish