Twinspot (4WD) Goby Help Please!

azreefgirl

I brought home a Twinspot or Four Wheel Drive Goby yesterday, and I've been reading conflicting information/opinions about these little guys. Mostly what I'm hearing is that they're difficult and that they're likely to starve in a small tank. Others say theirs have been happy and healthy in a small tank. Some say they should be kept in pairs, others say their lone goby is fine.
He's been kinda shy and hiding behind a rock. Overnight he came out from behind that rock and found another rock closer to the front of the tank to hide behind. Ok, normal behavior...not too worried about this. I've fed him very small amounts of mysis shrimp from a turkey baster a couple of times yesterday and a couple of times today. He's eating up the ones that don't float away (I've turned off the pump when feeding him to give him a better chance of catching them. Hopefully when he becomes used to his surroundings he'll be able to venture out from under the rock and make more of an effort to get to the ones that start to float away). I think he's even recognizing the turkey baster as "Mama" because he came toward it looking for more food.
Is there a way to seed my sand with copepods to supplement his diet, or any other way to ensure he doesn't starve? :help:
If this little guy's chance of survival in my tank is very slim, then I'll take him back. I don't want to keep him if his life is going to be miserable or shortened by living in my tank!