Two clowns are better then one

bigg

I just added a Sebae Anemone to my tank. I already have a bubble tip that my false percula has hosted with. I would like to add an additional clown fish to try to host with the new Sebae. Is it to late to try to add another clown. I already have a golden dottyback, lawnmower blenny and a yellow tang. The clown fish has been in the tank for only three weeks. I don't want to upset the apple cart if you know what i mean.
Thanks

invertcrazy

Well first I just looked at your profile and thought I should tell you before the tang police get you. Tangs are free swimmers and need tanks of 75 gal or larger and a 37 gal tank just ain't gonna cut it.
With that being said if you are gonna add another clown, I would get another false perc and add it asap. Try to get one bigger or smaller than the one you have now. Just my opinion - I would think you're getting close to your fish limit for a 37 gal tank.

robdog696

Just my opinion... I'm not an expert... but I think you should get an orange finned or pink skunk clownfish. They both host the sabae anemone in the wild. The bubble tip is not a false percs first choice, but he should prefer it over a sabae. What you need to be careful of is adding a clownfish that will prefer the bubble tip. You don't want the new clown to kick the false perc from his anemone or fighting will most definitely ensue. I would definitely stay away from the maroon clown and tomato clown.
I'm not saying you should add another clown fish. That's a whole other subject which you should seriously consider before adding one. They will most likely fight to the death regardless of what type you add. What size is your tank?

jeanheckle

Originally Posted by BigG
http:///forum/post/2703311
I just added a Sebae Anemone to my tank. I already have a bubble tip that my false percula has hosted with. I would like to add an additional clown fish to try to host with the new Sebae. Is it to late to try to add another clown. I already have a golden dottyback, lawnmower blenny and a yellow tang. The clown fish has been in the tank for only three weeks. I don't want to upset the apple cart if you know what i mean.
Thanks
We just added our second True Perc. We got one that was in a tank with another larger perc so the odds were it would be male. When we first put him in the tank our existing Perc beat the living $%* out of him, tore his fin and more. After some tense moments all of a sudden they are now inseperable. I can't believe how much happier our first clown is now.
Good luck.

bigg

Thanks for the advice, I think we are going to try it. I will do it on the weekend so I can keep an eye on him.
InvertCrazy, do you think I will have an issue with the tang? He swims all day and seams happy. For now he is small, I made sure we got a baby when we bought it.

xtreeme

We got a hippo tang in 55. We know it will get to big and are getting 125 soon. They tang baby ok, but will grow. They want to really swim, fast.

bigg

I just added the second clown and they are in the feeling each other out stage. A couple of nips here and there, but not to bad.
Do you think I should shut off the lights for the night or leave well enough alone?
They are on until 8:30.
Thanks