two Marroon clowns?

mr.clownfish

yeah ur tank is big enough for 2.
but the one u get HAS to be half the size u have now. it has to has to has to be half the size or smaller i cant stress this enough. or else one will die for sure. if they are the same size or close, i am 100% sure that one will die. i am saying this from experience.

nw2salt08

Maroons are the most aggressive of the clownfish. If you mixed another species of clown it would be a death sentence for that clown. If you want to add another, do what clownfish said and put in another maroon AT LEAST half the size of your current clown. There will be some fighting as they are establishing territorial rights but the smaller one should quiver to the larger clown in submission. This would be the optimal outcome. So, yes you can add another maroon but watch them.

srfisher17

I would never add another maroon to a 55 gal tank that already has one and I would never mix clown species. Before I knew better, I had a big female maroon kill another maroon while it was still in the plastic lfs bag. IMO & IME; the only way to be sure two maroons will work is to buy a mated pair bor buy two juvis that are being kept in the same tank.

mr.clownfish

its not always like that.
i mated up my gold stripe maroon clownfish my self in my 12gal nano. now they are in my 30gal tank. they r fine together

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Mr.clownfish
http:///forum/post/3078206
its not always like that.
i mated up my gold stripe maroon clownfish my self in my 12gal nano. now they are in my 30gal tank. they r fine together

Good! If they were both juvis, it can work. I'm assuming that was the case, I can't imagine a full grown female maroon in a 12 gal.

anthropo

Originally Posted by Mr.clownfish
http:///forum/post/3076125
yeah ur tank is big enough for 2.
but the one u get HAS to be half the size u have now. it has to has to has to be half the size or smaller i cant stress this enough. or else one will die for sure. if they are the same size or close, i am 100% sure that one will die. i am saying this from experience.
or twice the size if the one you have is a young one