Two puffers in one tank?

tennisace

Thinking about putting two puffers (yellow belly probably, and someother kind of dogface) Will be a 90g, but they will probably be in their by themselvs or with one other agressive fish. Is it possible?

jon321

keeping multiple puffers in the same tank generally isnt recommended. and keeping 2 types of dogfaces most likely would not be possible in that size tank.
Jon

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by Jon321
keeping multiple puffers in the same tank generally isnt recommended. and keeping 2 types of dogfaces most likely would not be possible in that size tank.
Jon
Generally, puffers do not like to see another puffer in such a close vicinity. I would definitely not recommend putting two puffers (especially two of the same family) into a tank of that size. Puffers are a territorial fish to their own kind, so while it may work while they are young, as they become adults, be aware that there will be conflict.

bullitr

Originally Posted by sik05rr
I have a Porcupine puffer with a Dog Face puffer in my 120g tank, and everything is great
i would like to do the same i have a porpupine right now 5 " and 5" hawaiian blue stripe can i put a 4 " dogface?