Two Questions

tinmanny

1. Is there any way that I can buy Live rock and keep it alive before I have my tank set up. I see a lot of nice pieces and it would be cool if I could keep them in a tupperware tub with a circulator or something? The same with live sand.

If So how and how long???

Thanks
Manny

cpaplive

I Think You Should Just Wait And Set Your Tank Up First. There Will Allways Be Nice Rock Out There For You. Be Patient

cubb

I agree with Cpap. If you do the tuberware thing, you are going to need a powerhead and decent lighting. And if your going to do that it would be easier just to wait and set it up in your tank. But if you still want to do it, go for it.
-CuBB

reefnut

I just responded to this in the other thread but IMO it would be pretty simple. Lighting may be the only issue... add a couple powerheads and a heater... feed it a little to keep the bacteria colonies alive but not enough to start any algae growth and it will be fine.
In fact if you wanted to you could cycle it like a normal tank and add fish lol

tinmanny

Thanks is there any time limit to doing this like 1-3 mos.
Also do you have any pictures of your reef up and running I havent found any
Thanks Again

Manny

reefnut

O-and as long as you keep the parameters in line, the rock could live in there forever...

tinmanny

Thank you for all your help and Thaos are sweet pictures Would love to see pics of the reef full view
thanks again

manny

mudplayerx

Don't forget that you are going to have to cure your rock in a tub for about a month regardless. You can cure it in your tank while it is cycling, but it will stink up whatever room you have the tank in for a few weeks.