Two triggers??

atlfish

I just got a niger trigger for my tank. I love him! he was shy at first but njow he seems quite happy. So to get to my questtion. can you have two triggers in one tank. i have a 55gal.

atlfish

ok cool. thats what I wanted to know. ok then next question. Whats a good fish to add. with my trigger, yellow psuedochromus and two yellow tail damsels?

atlfish

I don't like puffers. But I do like the idea of a clown fish. I really want a Lion but Im still kind of scared I'll get stung. I gota work on a cleaning crew as well. Maybe that will help out and i wont have to put my hands in the tanks so much to clean the glass. Chocolate chip star???? :notsure:

cartman101

u should not have gotton the niger! They get cloudy eyes and it seems like it wont clear up it just keep getting worse

nickfish

55 is way too small for a niger trigger. They need a 250+. They get about 2 feet long and swim like crazy.

connor

Originally Posted by nickfish
55 is way too small for a niger trigger. They need a 250+. They get about 2 feet long and swim like crazy.
hey dont get 2ft or need 250+ gallon tanks!!!

petjunkie

20 inches with the tail, isn't it? They do get big but they also grow slowly so prepare for a bigger tank in a couple years. I also would vote against another trigger but definitly get a maroon clown- I love mine!!! Hawkfish are cool but are jumpers.

fishnerd

I think you guys are interchanging O. niger, aka-"Niger Trigger/ Redtooth Trigger' with M. niger aka- "Black Durgeon Trigger". The Melacythis sp. gets much larger than the Odonus sp.

nokturnal1

WELL YOUR WATER IS NOT GOOD THEY DON'T GET CLOUDY EYES FOR NOTTING. :notsure:
Originally Posted by Cartman101
u should not have gotton the niger! They get cloudy eyes and it seems like it wont clear up it just keep getting worse

atlfish

Originally Posted by NOKTURNAL1
WELL YOUR WATER IS NOT GOOD THEY DON'T GET CLOUDY EYES FOR NOTTING. :notsure:
I was wondering about that. My water is pretty good and his eyes look healthy. the only thing i really need to focus on is a cleaning crew.