Typhoon III

ackermsb

When you buy one of these units from awi do they come with filters installed or do you have to purchase this separetly. How easy or handy is the float valve?

tangman99

They come complete with all filters installed. You need to tell Walter if you want the 1 or 5 micron sediment filters. I went with the 5 myself.

reefnut

Mine came complete... I got the float valve and the two extra hookups. The float valve would be great if you are feeding your tank with the RO/DI unit or if you have a large holding tank for the water. I haven't used the float valve yet. I have the RO/DI mounted in the laundry room and fill up 5g buckets with it so there has not been a need yet.

J

joey d

Hey guys,
i have been checking out the Ro units.. who makes the typhoon ?
anywhere I can purchase it online ?
thanks
Joe

S

shaynster

Does anyone know what micron sediment filters do and what the difference is between the 1 and 5 micron sediment filter is.
Thanks!

tangman99

I asked Walter that question when I ordered mine because I had to choose which I wanted. He suggested the 5 and said he only offered the 1 because his competition did and some people just had to have the 1. He said the 1 will clog up faster and the 5 is all you need. Must be true because I have 5's in both and my TDS has always measured 0 when I make my water.