Typhoon Owners, Help

jumpfrog

OK, every now and again one must have a massive brain cramp. After seeing a $200 water bill I think I surpassed myself :mad: Evidently the unit just ran and ran and ran for a month or so.
I recently moved my typhoon ro/di for some renovations. I can't remember the correct positions of all the valves.
Can anyone help? Air/water/ice does have instruction manuals on their site but they talk about the 3 valves (fast flush, di bypass, ro only) without saying which is which.
TIA

acrylic51

If your RO unit ran for months where was all the good water and waste water running too? I would call and speak with someone at AirWaterIce. They will be more than happy to help you

jumpfrog

That's a good point. I have a float in my good water barrel. When I pulled water from it, either for top off or to fill my salt barrel the float would do it's job and fill up the ro barrel. Once the float raised it would stop filling as designed. Therefore, I had no clue that the waste water was still running down the drain. I'm thinking I might have left it in back flush mode. That's why I was looking for some help. I can't remember which valves are supposed to be in what position.
Cheers

hurt

Jumpfrog, the di bypass and check valve's are the two valve that sit on top of the membrane. They both have long valve/switches. The RO only valve is conneted directly off the di bypass valve. Close all these valves, and open the only valve that comes off the DI canister on the far left when looking at the pressure gage. Hope this helps.