Typhoon RO/DI filter replacement?

cmack

I have a typhoon unit from AWI, I used it for about 6 months then moved out of my house. The filters have been closed, in the unit for about 8 months, and I will be setting up my new tank shortly. Do I need to replace the filters if they have just been sitting, or should I be able to just set it up and still get a few more useable months from these?

acrylic51

Call them and ask to be sure, but if it were me I'd spend the extra cash and replace them to be safe

robchuck

Depending on what your input water is like, you may or may not need to replace any of the filters. If you have access to a TDS meter, check the TDS of the output water. Anything above 25TDS or so, I would recommend changing the filters.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I would contact the manufacture about the membrane, AWI, but the other filters, I would definately change out...which is time for that anyway with 6 mos usage. Wet filters that went dry now have bacteria, mold, sludge, whatever. Do you want to use those filters for drinking water? If the answer is no for you, then it is likely no for your fish too. You may just need to do a real purge on the membrane.