ufc 71

all i can say is wow , i am very disappointed.... it was not a great night for exciting fights to me.. chuck is still the man.........

windmill

The Iceman done dropped the ball on that one.
I'm looking forward to the next Couture (spelling?) fight.

reefboys

I thought their were some great fights last night. Yeah I was disappointed to see Liddell lose and I though Big John McCarthy called it a little early but Rampage truly is a beast. Liddell is totally a counter attack fighter. He waits for his opponent to push the fight and then counters with that bomb of a left hook. Rampage made Liddell come to him and sure enough was able to counter Chuck and knock him out.
I also thought the Karo Parysian fight was amazing. He is so good! His judo is flawless and he can submit you no matter what position you get him in. He really deserves a tital shot. Though his Borat impression at the end was just a little bit odd... lol Over all it was a great night. The 3 hour wait at Buffalo Wild Wings was a little much though

windmill

Off topic: Don't you hate the fact Buffalo Wild Wings charges you $10 for a wimpy half-meal and brings it out on those generic bright colored plastic baskets? First time I went there I was comfortable and impressed......until they brought me my food.
Anyways. I'd like to see Hughes in the ring again soon. You know he's hungry after that upset vs St. Pierre.

tangwhispr

I really get a kick outta some of you guys on here... If the stoppage of the ortiz/liddel fight was ok, then the stoppage last night was even more needed, chuck was out, hit, came to and got hit even more, Jardine was knocked out like 3 times. The Ortiz fight, Tito was never in trouble and pretty much every blow missed him and it was stopped....anyways Karo is good, and had a great showing, but guys like hughes and franklin are has beens, if the UFC would bring some of the Pride talent over the UFC fighters would be embarrased. Name one UFC heavyweight that could have any chance against Josh Barnett
Fedor Emelianenko, or Mark hunt? or anyone at 205 that could stand a chance with Wandy or Shogun, I think not...anyways, I'll get off my soapbox now

yeah pride does have so great fighters , but look what happen to crocop. he got his head kick off, by an underdog. he was supose to be the next big thing.
i also think that the stoppage was called for, chuck was out. the jardine fight was funny, that boy can take a butt beatting.

shogun323

I thought this was a great card. Although I love Chuck, I enjoyed seeing Rampage run him over!! Rampage is definately the dominant fighter. The Parisian /Burkman fight was probably my favorite fight of the night!!
Originally Posted by goober_hunter
yeah pride does have so great fighters , but look what happen to crocop. he got his head kick off, by an underdog. he was supose to be the next big thing.
Yes. Cro-cop got rocked but wait until his next fight in UFC 75. I bet he comes out and dominates. Cro-Cop always comes back from a loss with a vengeance.
I am loving the invasion of Pride fighters. There are alot of greats. I am excited about the announcement of Dan Henderson fighting Rampage. I too would love to see Fedor and Shogun (btw, my screen name has nothing to do with him) come over and dominate the UFC.

zsalinas

We'll be seeing a lot more of the pride fighters in the ufc since they bought pride a few months ago. The only thing I don't agree with is pride fighters are coming over and getting instant shots at the title. I think they should have to work their way up like everybody else.
I love chuck but he was clearly out. His arms were straight out and not even defending himself. When he gets up you can even read his lips saying "what happened?" It was a good stoppage I believe. If anybody was gonna take the belt I'm glad it was rampage.

shogun323

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
The only thing I don't agree with is pride fighters are coming over and getting instant shots at the title. I think they should have to work their way up like everybody else.
I agree 100%. It's unfair to all the other fighters. I don't care for Dana a bit. I would love to see him go away.

yeah, to quick of title shoots. but it keeps it intersting and also if the title holders are any good it should not be a problem to keep it.
i know the other guy said franklin is a has been, may he is, but when he lost his belt to silva, he took a beating, it was a little hard to watch.

Franklin is not a has been. He fought that fight after like 8 months off. To come back and fight a fighter of that caliber is tough.
Pride does have great fighters but they are not that much better. Be realistic. Liddell can hang with Wandy. The UFC has decent talent at 205.
As far as HW go you are right Fedor is by far the best in the world. UFC has been lacking at HW for a while now. But they have improved.
Also look at the sport as a whole, its not a battle of organizations its who is the best fighter. who cares where the fighters are just watch the fights. We will now get to see the best against the best.
As far as people getting title shots to early, These people are already at the top of the rankings. Just because they havent fought in the UFC doesnt mean they are not title worthy. Rampage was a top 10 LHW prior to his match with liddell so he is more than worthy of a title shot. Hendo is already a champion so he is worthy as well.
MMA needs to be viewed as a sport not as the UFC or PRIDE. Its is MMA.
The UFC just happens to be all that the new fans are exposed to.

the j.o.p.

at like 1am this morning on the VS channel i caught a reality show about the guys who run TAPOUT clothing. those guys are some wierd cats!!!! very entertaining show!!