ugh!! my gf bleached some sps, its gone right? story inside!

drea

I told her to run flat worm exit as there were very few but i had used it and worked wonders.... well she misunderstood me and maybe used too much and did not do enough of a water change...
anyway, i did a 50% water change.. and as of yesterday sps's are bleached, frogspawn not doing well, gorgoian disentergrating!!
acans, clam, ricodeas, and zoos are all fine.....
would the flat worm exit (flat worms actually) cause them to bleach??? time to get her new sps, thank GOD i have my own tank that is immaculate and fukll of corals... (also stole a duncan colony from her a whil back!!!)
any help greatly appriciated!

m0nk

I doubt it was the flatworm exit, but perhaps the flatworm toxins that they give off when they die. If the entire SPS colony is bleached than it's likely gone, but if you see some tissue or some polyps still extending, you can frag that part off and try to save it... depending on the type. I've lost acros to RTN where I tried to save some by fragging, only for the frags to RTN as well.... but it doesn't hurt to try.

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by paintballer768
http:///forum/post/2829435
Flatworm toxins for the lose :(
ugh sorry for your loss. Maybe post some pics and we can chime in whether there is any hope.
Im suprised that the clams werent affected, they can be sensitive at times too.