Ugly Axx Feather Duster

sprieto

So this is a total newbie responce, but I had never seen a Feather Duster up close and personnal, I got one with a cleaning crew, and dawn this thing is ugly.
Okay, it finally came out of it's condom, the feathers are cool,
"But what the hell do I do this it's tail (root)"?
Do I dig it into the sand, hide it behind rocks, learn to ignore it, damn it's ugly!
Just venting, but seriously, what can I do with it? Or is that tail just part of it and that's it?
Thanks for listining......

snipe

You can put it about 2 inches in the sand and it will do the rest or you can hide it in the rockwork. Fortanantly I have many little holes just big enough for featherdusters so I but them in there the featherduster part sticks out and the tube is hid in the rocks. Just dont crush the tube or you will have a problem.

oceana

just shove it in a hole in or between your rocks. thats what i do and you dont even see the tube.. the tail is not a tail but instead that is a tube the worm builds to live in. if it does not like what you do with it home or the conditions of your tank it will leave the tube and build a new one.

ophiura

Originally Posted by sprieto
Okay, it finally came out of it's condom, the feathers are cool,
No offense, but was this the necessary description? It is a TUBE worm. :notsure: No need for the innuendo :)