UGLY FILM ON WATER

guppy_puppy1

HI EVERYONE! MY TANK IS HEADED TOWARDS THE TWO MON. MARK AND SO FAR EVERYTHING HAS BEEN GREAT AND AM REALLY LOVING IT, THE ONLY PROBLEM IS I HAVE A BROWNISH FILM ON TOP OFF WATER. i AM RUNNING A FLUVAL CANISTER AND A POWERSWEEP POWERHEAD. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS CAUSING THIS, I FEED FROZEN ONCE A DAY ANDFLAKE ONCE A DAY. AND ALSO I ADDED 14 SMALL SNAILS AND THEY ONLY LIVED A WEEK. ANY REPLYS WILL BE APPRECIATED. THIS A 46 BOW, MY WATER TESTS OUT GREAT! :eek:

josh

Hi,
First please romve the cap lock...
Ok, the film is normal it is just organic buildup. You can get a skimmer to remove it, do a water change or just cut threw it with the powerheads. It is not that big of a deal but might hinder gas exchange.
Josh

jost is right run one of your powerheads on the top of the water(which will remove it from sight) and get a skimmer(which will remove it from the water).
On the snail thing, did you adapt the snails to the water as you do fish(add water from your display tank to the new snails in the lfs bag)? I know it's a stupid question but I didn't do that when I first brought snails and they died on me a number of times in about a week, so I just thought I ask.