uh oh newbie did a bad thing

shawna

uh oh I tried to move the gravel/sand in my tank oan now my water is so cloudty I can't see my critters this started out to be a cleaning and an attempt to stabilize my rocks and now it's one huge mess I pulled my clowns out and tosed them into my isolation tank so they woulden't die but now I can't see my inverts to rescue them will my poor beloved critters have a chance?

bot587

If it is just sand being knocked up you should be fine... Throw a bag of activated carbon in the canister filter or sump... whichever you are using.

shawna

will my inverts be ok I know they don't have gills but will this cause any resperatory problems for them? also when can I relase the pollips now that this has happened will they be hurt by being in the bag too long?

mujtba

activated carbon is the BEST.. im a noob too man.. and it saved my tank. my tank was totally brown water. now its crystal clear..
so USE IT!
:jumping:

shawna

I did and it is coming back to clear (I wish that I didn't have most of my lr in the buckets I use for water changes I only intended about 10 to 15 % and now it might be a bit too late for that but slowly it is clearing darned that everything is closed at 1:30 am here in pa I'd love to run out and et more storage for the water change!
thanks for your input and support!:)

shawna

if anyone is burried can they get out? geez I feel like hurriccane shawna I was just trying to make a more stable rock formation for them it was sugested to take the rock down to the glass and instead I disrupted their little worlds still looks like part skim milk part water at 6 am hoiurs later I was finally able to see the back of the tank sort of now still a litttle milky and my crittters are in hiding or (gulp) I hope none are under the bed crimeny but the emereald crab (i of 2 is eating the algae off of the new star pollp and my snains are having a feast as well
maby I should have left them in the ocean!

reefer44

no it should be fine......a little sand storm wont hurt them...this happens after major storms in the reefs anyway...
good luck
Brad

reefer44

oh an the star polyps will be fine....tehy accumulate detrus which the snails and crabs are eating.....just use a turkey baster every few weeks and blow the stuff off of it
Brad

shawna

thanks guys ! everyone lived oh and the milk is gonw whew I'll never do that again ! brad thanks again geeze you just musten't rest a bit!
thanks a whole big bunch guys I thought I'd have t o play taps on the violin a few thousand times for them!
shawna
:cheer: :jumping: :cheer: