umbrella mushroom ate clownfish?

genzod66

(i bought the umbrella mushroom from this site as a single polyp)my small clown has disappeared,checked everywhere,overflows ,rocks,fed the tank twice,he always eats,then i noticed,i bought a large 4inch umbrella mushroom,it was small when i got it,i noticed it was turned inside out ,like in a ball,as if something was inside,its big enough,well i dont know how long he could have been in there,i pried open the mouth of shroom and there was like this white stringy stuff,but no clown,im thinking that stuff was the clown,i have a book on corals,it shows a mushroom eating a bangaii cardinal,the pic looked just like my situation,could this be?anyone ever have this happen?any ideas,its a single polyp shroom ,bought on internet?? does this sound possible??

J

jamiegrl

ahh that makes me nervous for my clown... i guess it may be possible although i dont think common
sorry for your loss!!!

snipe

It is not uncommon for the larger mushrooms to eat fish especially fish like clowns who try to host said coral and the coral reacts as food. If you notice shrooms of all sorts will eat foods when it falls on it.