Unable to keep snails, brittle sea stars, or cleaner shrimp

rzande1

This is driving me nutty. Everytime I put a sea star in, a snail in, or a cleaner shrimp into my tank it they keep dying. My sea stars keep loosing their legs. My shrimp just completely disappeared. My snails just drop. The fish are perfectly healthy and my urchin is safe and happy. WTH is going on already. The water is fine. The sea Urchin has been around forever even through my wild nitrate and phosphate swing. All of my other cleaners have dropped.
I have a longnose butterfly, blue hippo tang, a common damsel, and two small gopys.
PH 8.2
NItrates 10
Nitrites 0
Phosphate 0
Salanity 1.026
Ammonia 0

alix2.0

actually if you have copper in your tank it is absorbed into your live rock and your pretty much screwed as far as inverts go.
amanda i love your av.

alix2.0

actually youd have to get rid of all of your rock and replace it. but i actually doubt you have copper if the urchin is alive. have you ever medicated the tank? are you using tap water or RODI?

rzande1

My urchin lost a few legs before but they came back. Anyway I use tap that goes through a PUR filter and then is pretreated with pads that absorb everything from meds to chemicals and phosphates etc. Then I use prime on the water. Then it goes into the tank.

all108

What is your calcium level? My LFS said snails won't survive if you don't have a healthy calcium level. Good luck.

ibew41

what pads do you run your water over?and what live bacteria are you adding in your water changes?

rzande1

I really dont know what my calcium is. Anyway when I get home I will have to type out the exact pads etc.