underwater case

kirkland

I have a canon powershot. They make an underwater casing for it but I'm afraid it would leak and ruin my camera. Can anyone tell me anything about underwater cases? Are they trustworthy?

ewetmill

Originally Posted by kirkland
I have a canon powershot. They make an underwater casing for it but I'm afraid it would leak and ruin my camera. Can anyone tell me anything about underwater cases? Are they trustworthy?
I have used ones for 35mm cameras for diving. They work well. Never any problems with leaking. Make sure you look at the depth rating and don't take the camera deeper than recommended. The one I used was rated for 60 feet. I took it to 90'. It didn't leak, but the water pressure locked the shutter button in the down position.

branden

I have a powershot a620 and the underwater housing- the wp-dc 90. On my first trip I used it on several dives and had no problems. On my second trip, after 8 dives and lots of snorkeling, I noticed a few drops of water leak in through the lens area. The main o-ring was never an issue, it always sealed tight. To be safe I always tested the seal before each dive, and cleaned the case well after each use. The drops of water weren't enough to damage my camera, but I stopped using the housing after that. Right now it's at a repair center and I'm waiting to hear how much it will cost to fix it. Despite the leak, I will probably get another one if it is too expensive to repair.

matt b

my mom has a flip camcorder thing and im getting the underwater case and its gonna be SWEET!!

keith burn

Originally Posted by kirkland
I used a Ziplock Bags but it did not work well

shinobi9119

i built my own casing for my camera. It holds a digital camera, but its long enough for a camcorder of some sorts.