Underwater Oasis

soggyfish

Hi, i was wonder if any of you people have heard of making underwater oasises???
im not sure if many of you are famillar with underwater oasises. an underwater oasis is a underwater aquarium with a airbubble so that creatures that need air to beathe can live (underwater). They are very cool if you can set them up, i have heard of people putting lizards or spiders in them.

soggyfish

yeah i was thinkin i could make it so that the creature could go in and out of the water. for like a crab the can live in and out of the water.

jplbulls

you know what would be sweet would be like ant farm tubes winding through the tank or something like that :p
or like a tube connecting 2 different tanks, that would be cool

photo guy

I’ve heard of a pet store in the next town that has a bird housed inside an aquarium with fish all around it. It couldn’t be much of a life for the bird. I’ll check it out if I get a chance but it sounds pretty cheesy to me.
Keith

acehigh

lol, i'd like to get a few pics of these "oasis's". they seem kinda neet
what i don't understand though is how to get a constant flow of oxygen into the little oasis. i mean the air in there only holds so much oxygen right?

soggyfish

Originally Posted by acehigh
lol, i'd like to get a few pics of these "oasis's". they seem kinda neet
what i don't understand though is how to get a constant flow of oxygen into the little oasis. i mean the air in there only holds so much oxygen right?
to get air in u can run a airpump down into it and then when to much air gets in it a big air bubble goes out