Undulated Trigger

taj

I currently have a 65g FOWLR tank with 1 3" undulated trigger, 2 2.5" striped damsels and 1 3"Foxface. I have tried to add several fish with no success(Maroon Clown, bi-color angel, and flame angel). The damsels will not let any of them get settled.
I want to go buy a Huma Huma to add and wanted to get opinions on this. Thanks.

angelsrock

i think your as far as your gonna go. undulated triggers when they grow up with kill anything. so you might want to think twice about keeping the undulated.

f1shman

yup. I have one in my 75 gallon FOWLR and at first he was very shy timid and only came out for feeding. But now (last few days) he comes out like a psycho all day and aggresively feeds, maybe he went through puberty or something lol. But I heard they outgrow almost all systems.

ophiura

I would definitely suggest trading in the undulated - definitely on the "aggressive" end of the trigger spectrum. :yes: You may also wish to consider trading in the damsels as well. Your experience is not all that uncommon.
But right now with that undulated - you are definitely in the "aggressive" section but it seems with the other fish you are trying to keep, you are trying to go a little more docile. So I think you have to decide which side of that fence to get on :yes: With that tank size I would suggest the more docile side.

moraymike

Originally Posted by ophiura
But right now with that undulated - you are definitely in the "aggressive" section but it seems with the other fish you are trying to keep, you are trying to go a little more docile. So I think you have to decide which side of that fence to get on :yes: With that tank size I would suggest the more docile side.
There you go again... pushing people away from aggressives. j/k

ophiura

LOL...
If I had a 150g tank or so, I would definitely be torn whether to do aggressives or reef type. Definitely. Even in my hypothetical 180 is my mind. But in the smaller tank range, with so few people being content with picking from maybe 2 or 3 limited types of aggressives versus keeping several types of smaller docile fish...then yeah I tend to push that way :D :yes: Looks like that is the overall aim of the tank in question at least...
I don't think I can easily be accused of being a fence sitter LOL :D

pitbull01

Originally Posted by F1shMan
yup. I have one in my 75 gallon FOWLR and at first he was very shy timid and only came out for feeding. But now (last few days) he comes out like a psycho all day and aggresively feeds, maybe he went through puberty or something lol. But I heard they outgrow almost all systems.
maybe it went through puberty or something lol.......that is too good!!!!!!!
-Adam
:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious